Thread: Does iPad Micro SIM is Different Than iPhone 4 Micro SIM

Does iPad Micro SIM is Different Than iPhone 4 Micro SIM

I just attempted to switch from a usual SIM to a Micro SIM that I planned online previous week but mobile website would not accept the serial number. I called in to discover that in fact this micro SIM card can't be utilized in a phone because it is stipulation for an iPad. They told me I should depart to a bell store and purchase one more micro SIM card intended for the phone. Anybody know how they could be dissimilar or how you can tell the dissimilarity? Why I am doing this is because I wish to utilize the micro SIM card in my 3gs and place it in my iPad on extended trips (clearly just for data).

Re: Does iPad Micro SIM is Different Than iPhone 4 Micro SIM

IPad Micro Sims are pre-stipulation, as in, they are pre-stimulated previously. Usual Micro Sims are normal SIMs just micro sized. So what you require is a normal Micro Sims, which for a few reason at a standstill has not shown up in stock up till now for Bell stores, you can acquire them at the apple store but I am not certain if they will just provide you one devoid of an iPhone 4.

Think about subscribing to Bells 6G data plan Sharable feature on your Smartphone, and after that add the $11 iPad sharing feature for your iPad. $35 for the 6G data, and $11 for the sharing with your iPad. You have to sign up earlier than the feature/alternative is no extended obtainable to sign up for that is November 29 2010. This way both your phone and your iPad can be on the 3g system at the similar time devoid of the required to remove and change SIM cards. You can utilize the iPad MicroSIMs you have, Bell CSR will only "budge it to your account".

Good thought apart from you unsuccessful to state that itether is a Cydia application so you have to jailbreak your iPhone to utilize it. As well if you are sacred with a limitless and tetherable data plan which is immense but that is surely not the standard. Having 2 devices accessing the network with 2 SIMs is at a standstill IMO the majority suitable as the iPhone presently is across town. I don't have to have the 2 devices subsequently to every other and the iPhone is at a standstill completely functional. As with the whole thing in life there are tradeoffs. For me having complete exercise of both devices anywhere they may be is appeal it.

I in fact got a second micro SIM to utilize in my phone but I observed something odd with my iPad micros SIM. While I primary place it in my iPad and started on safari it would get me to a bell page showing me the plans obtainable (meaning it has connectivity but all the time express me to the similar page?). On the other hand later than linking to iTunes and updating the carrier settings I no extended obtain a 3g IP or the bell page in safari. I receive this message each time I release Safari. "Could not stimulate cellular data network, PDP verification failure" The device won’t permit me to stimulate in the settings either. If I place my iPhone micro SIM in the iPad it efforts immediately (utilizing pda2.bell.ca for APN). I will attempt to reinstate and start over tonight. Any thoughts how to eliminate all carrier settings devoid of restoring?