Thread: Unable to get sound on SKYPE after installing Ubuntu 10.10

Unable to get sound on SKYPE after installing Ubuntu 10.10

Well I have matter with the Ubuntu 10.10 . Actually I have installed this on to my system around two days back. So regarding this I want to be acquainted with if there is any way through which I can fix this kind of issue. I have also installed the skype on to my system. But it is not working over here. Actually in this I have seen that it’s sound is not working. Whatever I know regarding this to fix this issue I have did this but unable to get any solution regarding this so if you guys have any suggestion regarding this then please help me.

Re: Unable to get sound on SKYPE after installing Ubuntu 10.10

In my opinion You have not install the skype for the new version of the Ubuntu 10.10. And I think because of that only you are getting this kind of issue. So if you to fix the issue which is happening in your case then you can make use of the solution which I have given over here. In this first thing you have to do is you have to open the browser in to your ubuntu 10.10 system. So fater doing this you have to go to the website of Skype. Once you are on the website so after that you have to click on to the Get Skype option. Actually when you do this then you will be automatically redirected to the ubuntu 10.10 version of this. Now you just click on to the download button. And after that you install it I your system and just check that whether you get the solution for your issue or not. Whatever result you get in this you just report that over here.

Regarding this I just want to give you advice that first you make sure all the system requirements for your system. At least 1 Ghz processor or faster and your RAM should be greater than 256 MB. In your question you have mention that you are facing issue regarding the sound. In this you are not able to get the sound. And if that is the case then it is not happening because of the speaker and the headphone. It is happening because of the issue with the jack of the headphone. So for that you have to fix this. So to fix this you have to install the latest version of Skype running on your system.

It is like something buggy while installing the Skype on to your system. So for this you just see for that otherwise you just install this again. Please at the time of making the download make the selection of the UBUNTU 10.10 in the Right side column. And then download this after that you have double click on the file then wait to complete the installation of the skype. So you just go for this I am sure that you will get fix after doing this.

You have mentioned that you are having the issue with the sound; so, have you tried to go with the other part of this thing. I meant to say; have you tried to go with the video part of the application. Is it that you are having the issue with the application not getting lunched? I would like to make the suggestion that it will be nice if you can have the reinstallation of the drivers again and see if that can solve the issue of yours. Please in addition to this also make sure that you see for the onboard sound card enabled as well. It may happen that this may the place where you can find the issue. Try to make the updates for the drivers as well. Let me know if any of the suggestions really went in your way there.