Thread: How to recognize a fake Blackberry

How to recognize a fake Blackberry

I had been using Samsung Jack for a long time but was forced to switch to another mobile phone. The reason I had to switch to another phone was because my Samsung Jack was a Windows mobile and use to crash frequently and I had problems fixing it every time it would crash. I have just bought a Blackberry Curve nothing is wrong with it so far, but I was a little curious about its authenticity. How can I know that my Blackberry is genuine and not a fake.

Re: How to recognize a fake Blackberry

So how is one supposed to know that the Blackberry they are using is Genuine. One of the easiest way to find out the authenticity is by checking the IMEI code and PIN of the Blackberry phone. If you have bought your Blackberry from a genuine store then you may have noticed that you have IMEI and PIN numbers on firmware handled, you may even find these numbers on stickers stuck in the battery compartment. Now click on “Options” and select “status”, to display the home screen, then press the “Shift key+Alt +H” at the same time. You will get those numbers, now you can match these numbers with the ones on the stickers and if they match, then your BB is Genuine.

You can even recognize whether your phone has been used or not. Go to “Options” and select “Status”, here you are required to type “BUYR”, If the Lifetime data reflects 0 (zero), then your Blackberry is new and unused, but if the same field reflects a number more than hundred and if the Voice Usage exceeds 50 to 60 mins, it means that the Blackberry is been used. So if you are looking for a new one and you get these numbers then you should think twice before buying it. This is a procedure which helps in recognizing a used Blackberry.

We are all aware of the fact that Blackberry is one of the leading smartphones around the globe. Fascinating features in Blackberry such as Internet access to social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter has increased its sales. So one really desires to have a genuine Blackberry by RIM, but the fact does not change that there are fake and pirated Blackberry on the market. One more way you can find out the genuine Blackberry is that the logo on the LCD screen should match with the logo on the body.