Thread: Meego: How to choose keyboard layout

Meego: How to choose keyboard layout

Hello fiends I have Toshiba laptop, which I am using for quite some time and just few days back I installed the Meego operating system on it and was quite successful also, but the problem started when I tried typing some words, as I didn’t selected the correct keyboard layout. With this I am facing a huge problem because I am not able to get the correct words in order and I really have to press each and every again and again to get the desired word. So can any one help me to know how to correct the keyboard layout now, and please don’t suggest me to reinstall the Meego again.

Re: Meego: How to choose keyboard layout

As far as I know you will get to select the particular option that is the layout of keyboard for your laptop only by selecting that during the time of the installation, there is no other way that you can make the needed changes through the inside once the operating system is installed. So I guess that unfortunately you will have to reinstall the Meego again and during the time of the installation of the operating system on your laptop you will have to take care that you select the best option for the keyboard layout. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

You can do one thing so as to get the desired layout of your keyboard of your laptop that is having the Meego operating system installed on it. You can go to the Applications/System Tools and from there you must select and open the terminal. From there you will have to run the command "gnome-keyboard-properties" that will present you a list of layout for your keyboard which you can select the way that you want. I have also corrected my keyboard layout in this way only and I would suggest that you should also do the same thing because there is no other option available

Hey friends, I have also going through the same kind of problem as I am not able to change the layout of the keyboard of my AspireOne D250, I have got this Spanish keyboard selected and which is why I am facing some problem with content that I am trying to write as I am only comfortable with English. I have tried the option to change the language from the terminal but it doesn’t work for me, I would really not like to format the laptop, so can any one help me to know so as how to get the option to change the language directly through the laptop.

I have got a solution so as to change the layout of your keyboard on your laptop and this is what I had done to change mine, you must also follow the same as it will surel;y help you in changing the language of the keyboard.
    • Go to Terminal
    • Select sudo setxkbmap -layout br -model abnt2
    • Enter your user passwd
    • Select the option to change the language and click on the desired language
    • Finally , select apply and then Reboot and you will get the changes to take effect on your laptop.