Thread: Some question on using the entourage with a Hosted BES

Some question on using the entourage with a Hosted BES

Well I wanted to know something from you all. Well I wanted to ask is there any user who is using the mac operating system and also using the entourage software for the storage of the mail folders. Well I have many of my friends who are using the outlook program with the hosted bes gives them a lot of features. So I was confused whether I will get the same functionality and the features which we get from the hosted bes and the entourage. So anyone of you having any idea regarding this subject then do share it with me.

Re: Some question on using the entourage with a Hosted BES

Well I don’t have much idea about the outlook program. Since I use a lot of entourage only. The features it is giving me is lot for me and I am happy with its performance. Well I got the entourage some 2 months ago and it gives me wireless sync with the mails, contacts and appointments. I am very happy with it. Again I am saying this because I have not used outlook yet so that’s why I am saying this. If you still have any doubts regarding its performance. Then do have a search in the internet for more information on its features, you will get the necessary information there.

Well I have done some research on this subject after reading your question and I found out that there is no much difference between the two. The only difference here is that in the entourage you will have to specify the exchange server name with the help of the user name and the password. I think so this feature is not available in the outlook program. Well all the functionality of the outlook program and the entourage are similar and there is nothing much difference. However this is my opinion you can do some research in the internet and accordingly clear out your confusions. So I hope you have got the appropriate solution here.

Well I have a outlook program in my computer. Let me tell you it has a lot of features that are not there present in the mac operating system run entourage. It runs very well with my blackberry phone. I think so it is best to settle with the Microsoft related products as it hardly gives any issue related to the compatibility and also the performance. So that’s why I settled with the Microsoft outlook program. I have heard many rumors about entourage failing to work with the blackberry phones. So I think so it is better to confirm this from the concerned people regarding this issue and then only go ahead with the installation.

Ok, thanks everyone for all the solutions that you have given in order to solve this issue, well let me tell you that I am going ahead with the entourage. Since after reading some mixed reviews from you all about the particular product. I did some research in the internet and I found this product to be quite interesting and nothing much different then the outlook program. So I thought there is no harm in settling with this program. So thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given to solve this issue. Really appreciate your efforts.