Thread: V5.0.0.230 OS 5.0 for BlackBerry Curve 8330

V5.0.0.230 OS 5.0 for BlackBerry Curve 8330

If you want to have your equipment worked well and quickly takes a tour of the operating systems section. Nobody should miss the chance to upgrade their 8330. I have read about 1000 views on the subject both on this site and elsewhere, and I have not yet clear whether it will be beneficial to install the OS. I think it would helpful to put together a new post with the pros and cons of this upgrade. Thank you for your suggestion.

Re: V5.0.0.230 OS 5.0 for BlackBerry Curve 8330

According to the impressions of what I've read the OS 5.0 Beta works as hell except for the bug of memory, Bluetooth voice calling and which the latter is solvable, in all memory lost phone quickly and in some bar and you must restart both to recover the memory consumed or the phone of other changes and rapids the system is whack even better than the hybrid of 4.5-4.6-5.0, if I'm wrong about something please correct me. I think personally if I bite the hands that 5.0 Beta putting on a hair I'll wait to see if it goes official and while I prefer the hybrid of 4.5-4.6-5.0 that it has worked extremely well compared to previous versions and I only by the issue of memory.

I installed the V2 Hybrid which posted it on some previous pages and it works perfect, i.e. zero (0) memory problems! And the only detail that has is that it does not work for the Voice Dialing which is negligible for me since I never use that feature. Instead of this problem all the rest work quality.It functioned very well as compare to the previous versions furthermore do not have the issue of memory.

Good I'll give you a different opinion, with proof of this I, in my experience the Good:
    • Go too fast and is powered only when
    • sending is very good because you send a message as if it were the BB msn
      5 and not lose the sequence of what you've written
    • Is compatible with Windows Live messenger
    • Has a explorer files (you can check the memory card and internal)

Bad:
    • Takes a lifetime to ignite.
    • If you write to a person as an SMS and let the conversation in the background (you hit the red end key or called you) when you write a sms again the sound does not sound that you get a sms.
    • The sounds sound like a lot and seem desperate cell phone.
    • Configure a sound for mail and other sounds.

Hi, I give my personal view which is listed below. Advantages: Visually speaking it is a wonder, Writing is more graphic messages, Much improved resolution, The watch gives a visual look very elegant, and the stopwatch a great application. Disadvantages: VERY slow to restart, Message tone change when you get the foreground window, It consumes lots of memory, Among the things I noticed was that it no longer resets when I had it connected as a modem, when I answered a call and did not activate the speakerphone, and facebook could never run. To me these are reasons to downgrade and wait for the official version.