Thread: Will Meego work on Nook Color

Will Meego work on Nook Color

Hello friends I have brought this Nook Color tablet for my son few months ago and although my sone has really liked the device as he is able to use it for viewing photos, read books and do all the basic activity with it. Now that he has got bored with it and the Nook Color tablet is lying with no use so I was think of experimenting with it. I wanted to if I would be able to install the Meego operating system on it. If this is possible then please help me to know how should I do and what are all the drivers that are required to run this smoothly. If this tablet gets this Meego installed on it then, it will certainly a very good experiment with it. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Will Meego work on Nook Color

Hey I would want to ask you that does the Nook Color tablet is having a usb port on it, since I haven’t at any time used this Nook Color tablet pc so I am not sure of it, but I think that this will surely be present. So if it is available there then I would suggest you to install a MeeGo image on a usb drive and then connect the usb to the port on the Nook Color tablet and then run it and see if it boots with the Meego from there. If it does than it is really a good for you and please post the completion of the experiment that you have performed and please do not forget to first format the usb with the Meego so that it can hold the Meego on it.

I guess that the Meego will not go hand in hand with the Nook Color tablet pc because it has 800 Mhz ARM Cortex-A8-based CPU and that Meego runs only on the AMD processor, so I think that this is the first obvious reason such that Meego will not get installed on the Nook Color. Other thing is that the internal memory capacity is only 512 MB and that Meego really requires a huge amount of energy to run smoothly, so even if you get the Meego installed on the external memory then I think that the Nook Color will run slow as the processor will take a really long time to boot from the external memory then it does from the internal memory.

I have tried installing with the usb kit by installing the Meego image on my usb and then from there installing on my Nook Color but still I wasn’t been able to boot it properly. When I tried running the Meego from the thumb drive I got an error saying that the operating system not supported by the Nook Color, so I did not tried again in the fear of getting the device to get damaged. The current OS is android on my Nook Color which is again based on Linux kernel 2.6.29, so I think that the Meego should run smoothly with no problems, so if any one has tried the same so please suggest some of the option so that I can also install the Meego on my Nook Color.

Hey I have send a mail regarding to your query to the Meego Authorities about whether or not the Nook Color will support the Meego or not and they responded that the Meego does not support the Nook Color and that it will surely not run on it. They have also verified that the operation to get the Meego installed on all the tablets pc are currently in progress and that we will surely get the Meego that will compatible to run on all the tablet pc’s as well in the near future.