Thread: MacBook Air shutdown while closing lid

MacBook Air shutdown while closing lid

I just got this MacBook Air from my brother and I was really happy to have it for me. Now I have seen that the laptops just shutdown while I just close the lid of the notebook. I am of the opinion that when I close the lid then it should go in the sleep mode but I have seen that the MacBook just shuts off. Is this really normal or is it that the scenario is same with the Mac OS. Please let me know about the same and any help in the matter will be really appreciated here. I just want the laptop of mine to be there in the sleep mode and not to get shut down. Any help in the matter to explain what the actual reason is for this will be really appreciated. Can I have the replacement of the laptop and that too with no big issues at all?

Re: MacBook Air shutdown while closing lid

If you have the warranty in your case then I really think that you can have the notebook of yours replaced. As it seems to me that this is not the default behavior of the MacBook and hence it will be better if you can just have the laptop of yours in place of replacement and then see if the New MacBook Air of yours does not have the same issue there. Hope that you will have the replacement done and that too in a very handy manner.

I do not think that it is really the way in which the laptop should behave at all. It will be simply great if you can just have the firmware of the MacBook upgraded and then see if that can really help in you in the issue that you are having there. I really think that it can help you in a much better manner. If you have decided that you are going for the replacement then it will be better if you can just give all the tries that you actually want to give here.

It seems to me that there are a lot of applications that are running in the background and hence you are getting the issues there. It will be better if you can just try to get rid of those applications there and then let me know about the same. Hope that my suggestion must have really helped you there. On the same note it will be better if you can also go with updating the firmware of the laptop and see if that can really benefit you in some manner. You can get the update downloaded from the Download section of Apple. You will be able to get the correct version of firmware from there.

Well I am of the opinion that you all there will be able to help me with the issue that I am having here. Well I really do not know what can be the issue behind the issue of mine but I am having the issues with the lid of the MacBook Air. I have seen that when I take the lid of the MacBook close to the base of the laptop it just gets shuts. I mean to say that the laptop just gets closed when I do not want it to. Can you all please let me know anything in the matter?

It really seems to me some sort of the hardware issue and I think that the tension on the lid has been damaged and hence you are getting the issue there. It will be better if you can just have the laptop in the service center and let them see for the issue. If your laptop is new then I really do not think that it should have been the issue there. Also it will be wise if you can just check if there is any magnet available at the corners of the laptop as well.