Thread: Maemo crashes after updating app manager in Nitdroid

Maemo crashes after updating app manager in Nitdroid

I installed NITDroid with the help of the auto installer inside my Nokia N900 cell phone, and then Application Manager informs it had updates for me. Regarding Nitdroid Installer as well as for the Maemo Kernel for multiboot . So tried to update it informs 15 KB Update. I do the update, then Maemo crashes, doesn't perform anything any longer. I require for rebooting my phone after that. When i restart Maemo still says it has updates. So please help me out.

Re: Maemo crashes after updating app manager in Nitdroid

Steps should be performed by add some new catalogs that exist in the Application Manager for the proper updation in order to avoid the crashing of maemo. To add user requirements to go to 'Menu', then select the 'Application Manager'. In the Application Manager, presently three icons you will come across: Uninstall, Download, and Update. At present, to include a new catalog choose the Application Manager menu in the center of the top, then choose the Application Catalog. Some catalog selection will appear. Select that alternative properly and update it easily to avoid the problem.

This happens since there is substitute version of multiboot as well as multiboot-kernel-power in the menu option; Maemo will choose the version from its own repositories - so point out upgrade obtainable. Easiest method to stop this is to stop the extras-devel/extras-testing repositories in your Application manager, the reload. On a common Debian based system - there is a configuration to control how unusual enclose repositories are favored - apt-pinning, but in Maemo this isn't there. Perhaps it would be a fine thought to change the name of these packages so they don't clash each other for install.
    Code:
    dpkg -i packagename.deb packagename2.deb

I also came across similar problem so re-installing the packages was not an alternative for me as the second install of the Maemo versions block my phone and it would not boot. I have re-flashed with my rootfs EMMC image from Backup option available (backed up pre-original install of Nitdroid application inside your mobile - would love it if Multiboot and Backup menu might present) and re-installed Nitdroid. I'm leaving Extras-Testing as well as Extras-Devel permitted but not try to update it again presently with the Maemo versions. Assuming we obtain update PR1.3, I'll probably un-install Nitdroid and Multiboot earlier than installing it, and then observe if Nitdroid can be re-installed.