Thread: 10.7 dock no running applications indication

10.7 dock no running applications indication

I do love each and every one of the cosmetic alters in Lion and completely like the latest Expose quality which takes back appropriate window management however the status pointer of applications running inside the dock seems to be vanished. Mac OS X is RAM eager as it is. Lion through its instant on characteristics may possibly be crawling yet more if all applications inside the Dock are pre-loaded into the memory.

Re: 10.7 dock no running applications indication

Yeah I am pretty certain there will be a number of major UI changes. Below is the list of things I hope to observe: New Application as well as System Icon, Uninstaller, Window Snap characteristic, New Theme, Cut Feature, Faster OS performance. I in reality truly like the aqua theme, however it has been approximately for a long point, ever while the first Operating System 10 release, even though it has develop over the years, lots of it is still extremely similar to the earlier versions of OSX.

As per you recognize the entire point of the indicator below the dock icons is not which the app is loaded into RAM and so on; it is to allow you be familiar with that which applications are actively running (i.e., doing things, whether that be Mail running or else checking for mail periodically and so on). I can recognize that Apple wanting a kind of 'instant-on' characteristic to applications, there be supposed to still be a method of knowing which applications are in reality running and which are hanging. No indicator on the dock is going to construct that extremely complicated.

I am worried regarding this as well. And I am not worried regarding the indicators not accessible, I’m worried regarding altering established mechanisms to handle opening apps. People state that it will immediately take a twist to get the indicators reverse - however are you certain? I imply, if certainly they move on top of a 'every application is running but not running at the similar time' attitude after that there is no real means to in reality point out which applications are running, for the reason that there will basically be no dissimilarity between running applications and not running. I do not desire certain applications to get suspended at what times I alter focus to one more application. If I require to, I will stop them myself. And how will that function in the first place? I mean, certain applications similar to iTunes will still require to be running. Are they going to construct it similar to iOS, like having apps just sending certain information, like audio and so on?

in Lion , if you go on System Preferences then go on dock , you can change the option of seeing the indicators , or hiding them . Heres a Picture . So its not a ram/memory Thing .
    Attached Images Attached Images