Thread: Need information on HP Slate 500 & MeeGo

Need information on HP Slate 500 & MeeGo

Does Hp slate run meego operating system. I would like to know more about the meego os . Is it better than Andriod . I have used the Andriod 2.0 version I loved it. I have read that the Hp slate runs on windows 7 os . Is Hp slate going to launch Hp slate with meego operating system . Does any smart phone support meego os . I would like to know more about meego.

Need information on HP Slate 500 & MeeGo

The MeeGo tablet it was a very exciting read. But I think MeeGo will not be a buyer/profitable success. That is because blogs and tech site follow Apple and Android and while MeeGo is IMHO the most original platform from all out there it will be curved in and put in the corner like in that Intel stall. Tb h you are the only one so far from the sites that I check, that mentioned MeeGo.

Information on HP Slate 500

The battery life is disappointing though at this stage it is likely that HP will mess with the capacity of the battery and add some additional storage to it before the Slate's release.However, many may well be eager to try to ignore the battery issue in favor of having not just a web cam but a dedicated camera as well. Add to that a built-in SD card slot, HDMI and USB ports, and more included storage for the base price than the iPad, and you may see some persons decide to put off any possible iPad purchase to wait for the Slate to come out and do a side-by-side comparison before making any buying decisions.

Hp slate cheaper than i-pad

Awesome info. Thanks. I am a little upset about the battery life, but it was an expected fact with the technology available today. In my opinion, it is well worth the buy. And it is a lot cheaper than the iPad when you thing in the accessories that you have to buy for the iPad and all of the apps, etc. Since Slate is Windows, I'm sure that there will be more free apps than you can imagine.

Re: Need information on HP Slate 500 & MeeGo

I am sure that MeeGo will succeed at least as much as Android does. Android sure is Linux but too bad it is not at all run as a true open source project and is in fact closed. Developing apps for Android is also not very nice since it is not a true Linux distribution and is limited to some Java, which again is not very good. MeeGo is much more promising here, a true open source project, a true Linux and even the default development option of Qt is much nicer and if you don't like that you can still use other languages, like Python, completely freely. So in almost every way MeeGo is an evolutionary step forward from Android, so I sure hope MeeGo also becomes so successful. Although it will have quite a hard time fighting with Google hype.