Thread: Cannot download zip files on my Android Phone

Cannot download zip files on my Android Phone

Hello everyone, i have recently brought Samsung Galaxy 5 and i am very happy happy with the price. I was planning to take Micromax Android which is Micromax A60, but some friends suggested to go for Samsung Galaxy 5. So i brought this. Now the friend using Micromax can download all the files while i have a peculiar problem that i cannot download zip files, we both use reliance internet everything else works file. What may be the problem? Can anyone help me with this? I feel like my superior phone has less file support? Please help.

Re: Cannot download zip files on my Android Phone

I have the same problem. I cannot download zip files, doc files, torrent files, xls file, ppt files etc. I don't know what the problem is. How can your friend download zip files on Micromax Android? I have the same problem as yours, but i use Android made by micromax and i don't know what the problem is. I don't think its a internet problem as we both use different service provider. I use docomo. I'm not sure but i guess it is a problem with our android version. I will take my phone to the nearest service center, and i recommend you to do the same. Well if anyone finds any solution do post back. Thanks! I cannot download the files that i receive on mail. But i can download other files like mp3, mp4,etc...

What errors do you guys get when you try download these particular files? It must be giving you some error? I think your phone doesn't support the files you are trying to download and hence it is not allowing you to download the files. I had a similar issue which i don't face any longer. I myself use Micromax Andro A60. So let me know the error and i may be able to help you out. Does your internet browser becomes blank when you try to download these files? Well can't help without knowing the problem or error message.

Thanks for the quick response. Well i do get an error message that the content i'm trying to download is not supported. How is it possible? My friends have the same mobile which is same as your phone micromax a60 android. Well if they can download the files why cant i? I dont see this is a valid error message. If the same model and same internet connection just the device is different. Then how can a device support one file and the same model's other device cant support the same file? Also if this was a valid message, it should be limited to one android model on all devices. But we get this error in random phone of random brand. I dont think this is right! I think i have a software problem and will get it corrected from the service center.