Thread: Sony vaio showing tcp/ip not enabled

Sony vaio showing tcp/ip not enabled

I have brought a sony vaio laptop some time ago. Let me tell you that i am quite impressed with its performance and i am very happy about it. Well i needed to check some of the internet connections in the laptop. Well i needed to check some of the wifi connections in the laptop. So i turned the wifi on on entering the ip address of my system, it gave me any error. om selecting repair the specific problem, it was mentioned that the tcp/ip conenctions is not enabled. As per as the network adapter is concerned i have done the necessary updates and i have tried every specific method to get out of this mess. if you have any other solution to help me in this problem ,then do reply as early as possible.

Re: Sony vaio showing tcp/ip not enabled

Well there might be a possibility that there is no tcp/ip protocol present in the system. The same was the case with me. So for that what you have to do is select the network connections and right click on it. once you have right clicked on it. select the properties options and after that go and check the TCP/IP protocol present in the system. if it is not present there in the system, then click on install and install the latest version of the tcp/ip protocol in the system. just try with this trick it must definitely help you.

I think you must have a look at the device manager. Check if there is any error message being displayed there? Also do have a look for the presence of any warnings in the devise manager. one thing that i need to ask this from you all is that are you trying to connect any hardware device with the firmwire. if you are using then do stop doing that. After having done that do try checking the my network places and see if what it is showing there? See if the internet connection is being displayed.

If you ask me i would advise you to download the xirrus software. this particular software will definitely help you with the task that you are looking for. It is specially designed to solve the network issues. one of my friend having the same issue as that you are facing now also got his problem solved by using this particular software. According to me the tcp/ip protocol is actually present there in the system, it is just that it is not getting used. So do download this particular software and let me know if it works or not.

I have not got any appropriate solution here. Well i am stuck with this problem. well the real frustration is that i am unable to find the main source of the problem. so that's why working on the laptop is really getting frustrating day by day. I think finding the solution in the other website would be the only option available here. Since its been many days that i have not logged on to the internet. Anyways thanks for the suggestions and the advise that you have given me.