Thread: How to unlock AT&T Samsung Focus i917

How to unlock AT&T Samsung Focus i917

I am going out on a business tour and I have this cell phone from Samsung. Now the thing is that I want it get unlocked so that I can use it with the other networks that will be available there. Can you all please let me know what is the way by which I can have this done for me? I tried to search all over the Internet for the solution but in case of the Samsung Focus I barely received a helping hand. So I thought of asking for the same here. I have AT&T Samsung Focus and I just do not want to pay $2.00/minute. Please let me know if there anyone of you there can help me with the issue that I am stuck with. I have just bought the cell phone and if the things really do not go in my way then I will see if I can get the cell phone returned. Let me know what your call in this matter is.

Re: How to unlock AT&T Samsung Focus i917

To be frank it will be better if you can just have a chat with the XDA Developer's and see if they can come to your remedy. You can have a chat with them by visiting XDA Developer's website. As I am of the opinion that they will be the actually one who will be helping you in situation. I after seeing your post went to have a look at the Internet and I have also not seen any solution put yet now. Also I do not have this cell phone with me so that I can help you with the same. Hang on and see if some one can really help you with any solution.

Why do not you ask for the UNLOCK code from AT&T itself. I am of the strong option that if you will let them know what you actually want and why than there are chances that they might give you the unlock code by which you can have the cell phone to the visiting place. Also let me tell you that one of friend is using the services of AT&T for the past 5 years and had asked for the code which they willingly gave him. You can for sure try your luck as well. Give this a hit for once and then see what they reply you with. Please keep the IMEI and all the other verification details ready with you so that you can just get the processing done in a much speedy way.

There have been very few cases in which AT&T has unlocked the cell phone of the users. There are a lot of things that you will have to get fulfilled so that the things can go in your way. You will have to have at the first a POSTPAID account and then in addition to this you will also have to be the customer of AT&T for more than a year for the same and all your dues must have been cleared in a timely manner. See in case of the unlocking there is really hardly anything that Samsung can do. The entire unlocking thing is done by AT&T. It totally depends on AT&T if they actually want to have the cell phone unlocked or not. I am sure that you must have completed all the above criteria so that you can get yourself fitted to get the unlock code for your cell phone.

If you are think that the online vendors that give you the unlock code can help you then let me just make the point that the chances of getting this done is really 50 – 50. You might get the mobile phone unlocked. Also in addition to this the prices of the cell phone to get unlock is also quite high. It will be better if you can talk to AT&T at the first place and then give this a hit. Hope that you will find the suggestion really helpful. In addition to this also take care that when you will be going with this option then you will have to give IMEI number of the cell phone as well.

How many days have been passed when you bought the cell phone. If it is less than 30 days then I am sure that you will have the cell phone of yours replaced and that too with something that you will not have to get locked. You can have the one from Blackberry or something like that. If you have really thought that if you will not carry this cell phone if you do not get the code then I am of the opinion that it will be the optimal choice to go with. Let me know what you have actually done in your case. You can try to get the unlock code from the AT&T and I do not think that going with the ONLINE vendors will be a great move since breaking Samsung and AT&T combination is really going to be tough. Let me know what you actually did.