Thread: Problem using data cable for Sony Ericsson

Problem using data cable for Sony Ericsson

Hi friends I am working currently in a corporate office and have been working since 10 years now. Recently I have bought a Sony Ericson Z500a which is a cool gadget, handy and stylish. Just two days back I was trying to connect the phone to my PC using a dcu-11 data cable, to transfer pictures from my computer to the phone. I even downloaded the dcu-11 driver, along with the File manager, and sync station from Sony Ericsson's site. But when I try connecting the cable to my usb in front of my PC, I get a message " as found new hardware" . Then i go through the steps with the "New Hardware Wizard", in the “Device manager” it adds another “device” and “USB serial controller” , what I observed was that the device has a yellow colored question mark , and the “USB” with a yellow exclamation mark on it. So I am confused as to do I need a different driver for the data cable or what.

Re: Problem using data cable for Sony Ericsson

This USB data cable gives you the needed com port number to allow you to unlock and flash Sony Ericsson phones. Most phones have built in USB support in their boot chips and connect using standard DCU-60 cable. Some models do not support this type of connection, this is when you need this cable. This is an ideal connectivity solution, and is much easier and cheaper than buying a RJ45 Box and cables. It supports all Sony Ericsson k750 pin out cables for flashing, repairing and unlocking. And it even supports devices such as Nero key, Se-tool, Cruiser, Martech, Infinity and so on. So try this cable and see if it works.

You can try downloading Sony Ericsson’s USB Composite Device Driver. This driver supports KQ-U8A, USB to Serial Port, USB Cable DCU-11, Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge. So just try if this driver works. And if you don’t have this driver then I will suggest you to download the driver from an official web site of Sony Ericsson. If you don’t get the site then try searching for the driver on google which is a powerful search engine and will offer you plenty of links through which you can make the download. So I hope you find my reply really helpful. Or what you can do the best is just enquire about this to your nearest Sony Ericsson’s gallery. They will guide you the best.

FMA is a strong phone editing tool that allows users to manage all the personal data stored in their mobile phones. FMA allows easy management of Phonebook whether in the SIM or the Phone memory, and Files stored on the phone. FMA is a versatile tool allowing the user with variant options, Currently FMA only supports Sony Ericsson phones. Other brands will be addressed in next version. Daily updates might be available via the built-in Check For Updates feature in the phone . You will need an Internet connection in order to use this feature. If you are trying to use the Beta, always take a backup of your Phone Database before you think of running a new FMA version.