Thread: Mobile shows wrong Caller ID

Mobile shows wrong Caller ID

I am using a Vodafone network on my Samsung phone and I have seen that there is something wrong with my phone. Actually an issue is regarding the caller id. Let me explain what happened with my phone, yesterday I called my brother so he didn't answered the call. After some time I got a call from my brother but the person was not my brother in fact talking on a phone. He said that I gave him miscall whereas I called my brother and the call I am talking on is from my brother too then who the hell is third person to whom I am talking now. At the end, The call was a wrong number but my phone showed me that my brother is calling me, How is that possible?

Re: Mobile shows wrong Caller ID

I think the Caller ID service is provided from the carrier that you use on your phone. It seems to be some kind of bug from the Vodafone. I recommend you to call to the customer care of Vodafone where they must be knowing if there is any issue regarding the any services on your phone. But one thing is for sure that there is nothing wrong with the phone so don't worry. You must check that is it happens frequently or it has happened only once.

Some time it happens that you call somebody and receives some other buddy. Generally we say it as a cross connection between the networks. You case seems to be the same as your phone might have cross connected with somebody due to which you have given a miscall to somebody without knowing that the call in fact has been connected to somebody other that your brother. Rest story was normal according the incidence happened to the wrong number who called you. Now the question to think about it is how your phone showed repeated the same thing when that person called you, seems to be big bug at vodafone. I think you must contact with them and have discussion with this issue.

There is one more possibility by which your phone shows that you have called to your brother but the ring goes to some other phone. Does anybody know how it goes? Has anybody heard about Call Divert, It is service which lets you divert the call to the defined number. It might happen that your brother have diverted all the calls by mistake to some number (wrong number person). So when you called your brother, your call got diverted to the number which has been mentioned on your brother's phone who didn't picked up phone. This means that the third person got a call from your brother and when he called up your brother after watching his miscall, Even his call got diverted.

Simple thing might happen on your phone. I am just guessing the possibility which may be in your case due to which such things can happen. I suggest you to check that number that has been saved as the name of your brother. If the number is the wrong one then the whole thing has gone in right direction. So you just need to edit the contact of your brother.