Thread: How to recover data from a dead Motorola phone

How to recover data from a dead Motorola phone

I have a Motorola razr phone. The phone is dead from quite sometime. Well before I throw it. I want to extract all the data and other contact information from the phone. I have tried several methods to make the phone alive but it seems its never going to come back. I want to recover some important data from the phone. So do you know any methods by which I can recover the data from my dead phone. So if anyone having any solutions for this particular problem then do share it with me.

Re: How to recover data from a dead Motorola phone

I think this would be a very difficult task unless you have stored all the data in the external memory. You will be able to recover all the data if you have stored in the memory card and also the contacts information can be recovered if you have kept all the contacts In the sim card memory. Unless this is the case you will not be able to recover any data from the phone. I would say it would be better to start from something new and forget the old things. So I hope you understood what i am trying to say.

Have you tried taking your cell to the nearest service center of the Motorola. If you have not then it is better to take the phone to them they will probably inspect your cell properly and will be able to solve your problem. Manually repairing the phone is of no use. If the internal circuits are broken then you cannot get it repaired. if all your contacts and the data are stored in the internal memory then there is nothing much that you can do with the dead phone.

I think so the better solution would be to search for the software’s that are available In the internet. I have heard of the various software that are used to recover the images from the mobile phones. Do try having a look at the software's that are available in the internet, probably that will help you in recovering the images from your cell phone. So do try with the suggestion and let me know if it works or not.

Sad to say that maximum of my data were present in the phone memory it seems. Since all the data in the external memory i have recovered them all. The contacts information as well as some image files and some software's were there in the phone memory. I have searched the software's which are available in the internet that can recover the image files from a phone which is switched off and not from a dead phone. Talking to the service center people was also of no use. So right now i have no options then to leave that data in the phone. Anyways Thanks for the suggestions