Thread: Is Samsung wave worth buying

Is Samsung wave worth buying

Hi buddies I know that the only place I will get a fair answer is the internet, so here I am. I have an LG S310 since its release, it’s a good phone with sleek body, has features such as image editing, Mp3 , multimedia, 3.2 mega pixel camera, browser, Bluetooth, color effects, and lots of stuff but I am looking out for something which I want to gift it to my sister. So I want to gift her something different. Recently I had been to the store and I saw this cute Samsung Wave mobile phone, I am thinking of gifting her this phone but before I do that I want your acknowledgement as to is it worth gifting her this phone.

Re: Is Samsung wave worth buying

Hey friend if you are wishing to gift your sister a phone then Samsung is the best option so far. Samsung has released its highly-anticipated bada-powered phone Samsung Wave in India. This sleek and sexy gadget really boasts of some impressive tech specs that combine a super AMOLED screen, with 1GHz processor and a slim design. First impression is what matters the most and Samsung Wave is a clear winner on the first inspection as far as the looks, feel and quality is concerned. Surprisingly, the device appears equally impressive when it is switched off. Furthermore, the latest Samsung bada phone gives a sturdy feel in the hand with its polished metallic body.

If you are really out to empty your pockets for a gift, then I will even suggest you try for the Samsung Galaxy. If you compare Samsung Galaxy with Wave, then you will find that the Galaxy S differs from the Wave S8500 regarding the display, more memory and in Android it uses a much more versatile OS. Maybe the 4.0-inch display is too big so you may feel that the galaxy is too fat. But is as classy as the Wave. The Galaxy S also includes Stereo FM radio with RDS, GPS/A-GPS and a digital compass.

As for the processor and UI, the Galaxy S boasts a 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor and the Wave uses the same ARM chip. But the Samsung Galaxy S favours Android 2.1 (Eclair), while the Wave runs Samsung’s own Bada OS. Android gives the Galaxy S more mobility and increases its appeal. (2-2) The Samsung Wave features Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM radio recording, GPS/A-GPS, Samsung Mobile Navigator, digital compass (3-3). So you may get into two minds before you gift her phone.

The most exciting feature to look for is the interface of Samsung Wave's touchscreen . Again, Samsung has come upto its expectations to its previous standards with regards to the touchscreen interface on the Wave – it's responsive, tactile and is seemingly flawless. And if you compared it to the touchscreen fluidity of a device like the HTC Hero, there really is no comparison – and the Hero, in many respects, is generally considered a better device. It even features things like Twitter, Facebook, Address Book, Email and Settings etc. Also, you can easily switch between the two "screen modes", as all you simply need to do is to press the Wave's main button, which is located in between the Call and End-Call button. However, for the first-time users, it may take some time to figure out this feature, which again can be a bit annoying.