Thread: Any new firmware for Nokia 5230

Any new firmware for Nokia 5230

Hi guys I am a Nokia 5230 user this mobile phone features are, easy to use music player with 33 hours of playback time. In selected markets the Nokia 5230 even includes music service offering truly unbeatable value with all you can eat music. Guys I have been using this mobile phone for quite a long time and I want to upgrade it. One of my friend suggested that I need to update the software. So if you guys can assist me as to how should I proceed further or suggest me a new and latest firmware so I can upgrade my phone.

Re: Any new firmware for Nokia 5230

I will suggest you to dial *#0000# and check the version of the software in your Nokia mobile phone. Then compare it with the latest version. It is easy first you go to the Nokia Software Update site and enter your model number that is 5230, here you will get the current software version. For Nokia 5230 the latest software release is 20.0.005 . The latest version has the following features such as Maps 3.0 with Share location, improved Ovi store, A fast and sturdy browser, improved touch screen use, and it has even improved its performance.

So it seems you intend to upgrade your Nokia 5230. So why don’t you try the new and improved Nokia OVI suite. You can get the latest device and application software updates over here, you can even download the latest country Maps and keep your music, pictures and contacts synced between your device, and your computer. You can also use your mobile phone’s SW update feature to get software updates over the air (OTA) or via Wi-Fi - no where you don’t even need a PC. So these are some of the possible ways you can try to upgrade your phone.

Hey the idea of upgrading your mobile phone using the SW update feature is just great. You can get software updates over the air or via Wi-Fi – and you don’t even need a computer. If you are unaware of SW update feature then don’t panic, just follow some easy and simple steps. Step your device to alert you when new software updates are available. Then you need to select Applications and choose SW updates. Now choose the software you want to update and then keep on following the instructions. You can also update individual applications even if there is no software update available for your device.