Thread: Disable automatic update on Opera

Disable automatic update on Opera

I am stuck with the Opera and I really want to have the Opera 11 uninstalled in my case. I was having the standard version of Opera i.e. I was having Opera 10.63 in my case. Now I have seen that I have Opera 11. I got this installed without any notification and hence would like to know if there is a way by which I can have the Automatic updates uninstalled and in addition to this get this Opera 11 uninstalled from my system.

Re: Disable automatic update on Opera

Well it really seems to me that you are really upset with this version of Opera and hence you want to get out of this. You can get it uninstalled from Control Panel and if you are getting the trouble with this then you can get Opera 11 uninstalled by clicking on Start and then selecting All Programs and see for Opera there. You will see an option for uninstalling Opera there as well. Just give this a hit and then see if you can have it getting uninstalled.

Are you sure that you do not want to have this option enable in your browser. As I have seen that it will be really great if you can just change the option from Automatically Install Updates to Notify me about the available updates. In this manner you will not miss on the important updates and you will not get the updates installed as in the previous case of yours. Please do this and let me know if what I have said really worked in your case.

Looking at the whole thing let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have the current version of the Opera that you are having on your system uninstalled and then while you are making the installation of the Opera you can just uncheck the option that you get so that you may not get disturbed with the update option that you are receiving from the Opera. Uninstall Opera from Control Panel. After you get it uninstalled you will have to use the CCleaner and then remove all the older files from the system that may get conflicted with the files that you will be installing at the moment. Do this and then go with the installation of Opera 10.63 or older one. At the time of installation uncheck the box that says for the updates.

If you want to get rid of the updates then you can really go with it. There is really no issue. If you want to get rid of the Automatic Updates on Opera then let me tell you that you will be required to go in the Menu Bar and select the Tools option there. Under the Tools option you will have to select the Preferences option. Then From the various tabs that you will be seeing in the Preference Window you will have to select the Advanced tab. Now in the left pane you can select the Security option. Then at the bottom you will see Auto-update just change the option for this to Do not check for updates. I am sure that you must have been satisfied with the solution that I have presented here. Let me know about the same.