Thread: HTC Droid Eris keyboard disappeared

HTC Droid Eris keyboard disappeared

I really do not know what the issue is at the moment with the cell phone here. I have the cell phone from HTC. To be precised as in the title I have HTC Droid Eris in my case here. On the cell phone I have seen that it does not have any display and I am really worried for the same. Hope that you all will let me know how I can have the display back on the cell phone. Well sometimes it gets the display back but the issue is that I cannot see the keyboard here on the screen. Can you all there please let me know what can be the possible reason for the same? Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: HTC Droid Eris keyboard disappeared

It seems that you might have just overcharged the cell phone and hence you are getting the issue there. It will be really nice if you can just have the battery out of the cell phone for some time and then see if the keyboard appears on your screen again. All you have to do is switch off the cell phone by pressing the POWER button on the cell phone and then you will have to keep the cell phone in this stable mode. After this you can just open up the cover of the cell phone and take out the battery. Now after some time place the battery back in the cell phone and then restart it.

Well; I agree to what has been said above and let me say that I had the issue with the cell phone of mine as well and was able to get the issue solved once I did the thing that was said above. IN addition to this I would like to tell you that it will really nice if you can just have the battery removed while the cell phone is ON as it seems to me that in this mode it will really help you there. In my case however the keyboard just appeared after doing this. However you do not get the keyboard then you can try to go with the Factory Resetting and hope that it will really help you.

It seems to me that the keyboard getting disappeared is a normal case with the cell phone and if it is really the case then in order to get out of it will be nice if you can just have a simple reset on the cell phone and see if you can get back the keyboard after that. I do not think that removing the battery while the cell phone is switched ON will be really ethical. Just make the Soft Reset on the cell phone and then see if the issue can get solved after this. All you have to do is press the Red Phone Icon that is there on the cell phone. After this you will see some options and you will be required to select the Turn off option there so that you can switch of the cell phone. Now after some time you can again press the Red Phone Icon so as to power again the cell phone.

IN addition to all the things I would just recommend that you get the firmware of the cell phone upgraded and you can have this from the official site of HTC. Please while going for the updates make sure that you verify that you need to install the updates or not. You can visit this link: www.htc.com/us and then can go to the Support section and see for the necessary things that you want here. Now after that you can have the updates installed for you from the download section.

You have not got the issue solved I guess and hence you have not replied yet. If that is really the case then it will be better if you can just go on Hard Resetting the cell phone. While going with this step make sure that you have the data backed up somewhere on your system and then go for the Hard Reset so that if something goes wrong then you can have at least the data with you there. For doing the hard Reset you will have to first turn off the cell phone. Now press the Volume Down and Send buttons simultaneously. Now while pressing the keys above press the Power button. Once you press the Power button then you will see some of the instructions coming on the screen. Follow the instructions and see if that can help a bit there.