Thread: eSATA External Hard drive is not detected on my Samsung laptop

eSATA External Hard drive is not detected on my Samsung laptop

There are enough questions on this subject, but somehow I've been the right (response / aid) has not found. My hard drive has passed in my notebook and then I had put me a new one, which is now unfortunately not recognized. The fundamental question is whether I can use the disk at a

Notebook:
    • Samsung R70 (about 2 years old)
    • Model #: NP-R70A009/SEG

I've read that you find in the BIOS "SataController-raid mode" to switch to IDE, but I did not even this option ... In the boot order in BIOS, the old drive as a IDE HDD: --- recognized, so I guess that the setting is correct so far!

The new record I have for testing, installed in another computer and there you will be recognized without problems, so I'm assuming that it is not broken!

Maybe someone can help me with this problem?

Re: eSATA External Hard drive is not detected on my Samsung laptop

Depending on the BIOS and the chipset (motherboard specific) or the operating system, various limitations in capacity may occur. You can not put such a hard disk of 500 GB on a Pentium IV first generation. The hardware course on hard drives incorporates the various capabilities that are problematic. Another part contains the repair solutions. I think you should try to change the cable connector or try the hard disk on another laptop.

As far as i know For SATA drives, there is no bypass master - slave. Indeed, each controller only supports a single hard drive. Current motherboards allow installing 2 hard drives, 1 per channel. On some motherboards, 4 connector are located, 2 normal, 2 for RAID . These are the first 2 to use. The other 2 require 2 identical hard drives. Controllers on PCI bus used to connect these disks on older motherboards but do not earn performance, limited by the bandwidth of the bus, and do not generally spend the majority of capacity constraints related to the BIOS.

Try the following steps on your laptop to resolve this problem.

1. If you install only one SATA hard disk, it should be on port 1.
    2. In case you are using a SATA drive and an IDE disk, you must notify the BIOS it should boot from the SATA and not IDE.
    3. Some motherboards do not accept to boot from the SATA (old).
    4. When installing Windows XP, 2000 or even Vista, according to the motherboard, you must create a floppy disk before installing the operating system and report an additional driver at the beginning of the installation (F6).
    5. Some motherboards refuse hard drives larger than 160 GB. A patch of Manufacturers (after the specific brand) will usually work around the problem.

I had a similar kind of issue i got it fixed. What i did , I changed the case to a powered unit with the help of an esata connection. After that just checked that it spun so that i can recognize that it is working inside. The real concern is that eSata does not work on each and every machine. So i will just advice you to check whether the drive is spinning if not simply call the customer care of your drive manufacturer.