Thread: Suitable Linux distribution for MeeGo development

Suitable Linux distribution for MeeGo development

I am a newbie in using and operating system in handling the operating system and going to study the development information of MeeGo, like Build, Coding, Porting, Qt, and I require to verify in and check out the source code by newbie. As you people might be aware about the some Linux distributions are well-liked Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu..Can anyone tell me which Which is the best in the business , please guide me , I will be very grateful .

Re: Suitable Linux distribution for MeeGo development

It is actually a matter of preference - almost any modern enough distro should be excellent. As for an instance ubuntu 10.04 is too older because it ships with older kernel that does not favor that well. In my opinion I am using ubuntu 10.10, but my system also contain e Fedora running in virtualbox for image build Using one of those one of those should be a safe choice . I think you got our answer .

Of all those, I would prefer openSUSE, they completed the build system that MeeGo make use of , so I would suppose all the related applications to be readily obtainable in the distribution . I am gladly using those applications from Ubuntu 10.10. The packaging & building tools are obtainable for MeeGo, Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian so that actually is not the concluding aspect here.So better use the Open SUSE.

I would recommend to make use of any of the linux distros which are formally validated and supported .I presume as of now Fedora 12, [Fedora 13, Ubuntu 9.10, and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS are authenticated by the meego community .I am in person making use of Maverick ubuntu 10.10. You can begin your Meego installation procedure on linux from there .I believe Ubuntu is a best for this.