Thread: OVI not working with Nokia C7

OVI not working with Nokia C7

The first time when I tried to make use of the OVI application on my new Nokia C7 phone then the phones prompts me whether I want mobile internet through cellular networks. This was not fine for me but WLAN active as well as working for me. I can do surfing on internet. And that is why I answered no for that prompt and the OVI application exits but is refusing the WLAN connection. This is not happening to one of the same phone that my wife uses then why it is only to me. Please reply to this as early as possible. I will appreciate each suggestion for this. Thank you.

Re: OVI not working with Nokia C7

There may be some problem with the software that is used by your phone and that is the reason that you are getting such messages. Check the version of the software that is used by your phone and check for the latest version that is available on internet. If there is availability of the latest version of the software then download and install that to your computer. See if that can solve the problem for you. There are more chances that it will solve the problem for you.

Updating to the latest version of the software is one of the nice suggestions for this kind of problem but before moving to that, you can try to do reset of the system and see if that can solve the problem. Go to the settings and open Restore Factory settings. If it asks for some security code then provides that as 12345 which is the default security code for all the Nokia models. After that press OK and the restore process will start. After that your phone will come back to the original factory settings and you can try to use the WLAN once again.

The OVI application that you are trying to use may be corrupted and so that is giving you such problem. My suggestion to you is to install the software again form internet and install that to your phone. If any of the file that is needed for the WLAN connection is missing or corrupted then, this will show you the issues like this. Download a new copy of that from internet and install that to your phone. Before installing that again, you should uninstall the existing one completely from your computer and then install the newly downloaded one.