Thread: Voice Recognition on Nokia N900

Voice Recognition on Nokia N900

I am searching for a Voice detection or Voice to text application for the Nokia N900. Dragon Mobile Applications just supports the iPhone at present. Can anybody assist? I did sprint a forum hunt but establish not anything relevant. At the end I am here on this forum with the hope that, I get something from here. Please if anyone has any information or any detailed application then suggest.

Re: Voice Recognition on Nokia N900

The Nokia N900 truly requires a few sort of voice recognition. When the keyboard is good, it is sometimes a real ache and I truly just wish to be able to tell it ‘discover every restaurant nearby’ or ‘call X”. There are some alternatives while it comes to voice recognition, I think the most probable to effort fine sufficient is CMU Sphinx particularly currently with the advent of pocketsphinx. It is specifically intended to be slight and quick and it looks to deliver on both points. I construct the pocketsphinx libraries for the Nokia N900 and I have been playing around with them for the previous 3 days. The correctness is good sufficient and integration with the rest of the system so that you can provide commands similar to switch task should be achievable. To experiment things and get my feet wet I have been utilizing a rapid python script called voximp, it is easy to setup and it will let you problem commands right away.

The novel packages are obtainable from the standard optified repository: gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx, pocketsphinx-hmm-zh-tdt, pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4, libpocketsphinx-dev, libsphinxbase1, pocketsphinx-lm-zh-hans-gigatdt, python-pocketsphinx-dbg, python-sphinxbase, python-sphinxbase-dbg, sphinxbase-utils. With any luck I will get around to covering all of this in scheme bindings and a GUI for a moment soon and currently that I have MCE bindings I should even be able to execute placing calls by voice tags.

Just check this out:
    1. Naturally Speaking Standard is quick, amusing, and simple way to interrelate with your computer by voice. Say works and they emerge on screen, 4 times quicker than typing. Utilize your voice to read out and edit in any Windows application with Naturally Speaking.
    2. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is quicker and additional precise speech recognition system than ever. Your write out words currently emerge on the screen in semi the time it got in the precedent and with up to 99.5% accuracy.

1. Voice2Phone Auto Dialer software for distribution voice messages by telephone. This is perfect for group occasion reminders, marketing, political crusade endorsement, events notification, telemarketing, guide generation, and many more.
    2. Macvide Audio Recorder: it is a sound recording application for Mac. Macvide Audio Recorder is perfect for recording voice or additional audio, podcasts, voice appearances, making an audio book or to just record a message.