Thread: Nokia N900: USB charging broken

Nokia N900: USB charging broken

My Nokia N900 has stopped getting charge. A quick investigate has exposed a few similar problems which were software related and a few people whose USB connector had appear of their device. My problem is neither of these two, if a twiddle and bends the connector I can obtain it to get charge for some minutes until I release once more. I am speculating if this is an effect of the poor USB mounting that causes the entire thing to come out some time. The socket appears to have slipped down and to one side (just by a small amount). Is this a general problem, and any suggestion how I go about getting it fixed?

Re: Nokia N900: USB charging broken

Here I am must advice you to take it as soon as possible to service, possibly it could be fixed still if no soldering pads has split off. It seems like, it has a few damage as well in pinnacle part, you should be very cautious while plug-in the cable. Just perform what I detailed, because my one friend has the similar problem. And he got the solution from care center, which I stated here.

As Far As I Know, they will unlock it in the back room (if it is a care center) and conclude whether or not it is been physically abused. If it is badly soldered, you get a novel device (they hardly ever fix yours, generally replacement on novel devices if in stock. Or put back the complete board). If they discover it ripped, they will update you of the bill to fix. It stuffs if they have them in stock. Possibly it is dissimilar in Pune, but that is how they all the time handled things here.

Here I also want to say something in this topic. Yeah I have the similar trouble appears if purchase from Vodafone online they will not put back it later than 30 days of acquire F shysters, these are refuse cheap jacks am astonished that Nokia utilizes such garbage. Looks Vodafone have not heard of sale of goods act they will put back while I complain them.

Mine has just left 11 months later than purchasing it, still charges if I angle the phone and charger so that the contacts bond to the board, been truly cautious with it too as I knew the trouble survived, seems like ill be without a phone for a month another time while Nokia care centre poke and nudge it or an unintentional loss might be on the cards and will keep it for spares for the novel one.

I had the similar trouble and had to have the handset at the correct angle. I picked up an extra battery from Batteries Plus, and establish that the connector pins on the unique battery are a very loose fit compared to the replacement I obtained. With the novel battery I have not had the charging trouble. This leads me to consider that if the connector pins on the battery don't fit correctly, the N900 won't charge until you obtain it at an angle in which the pins are making an excellent connection. I have just had the novel battery for some days, so I will give an updated if this condition changes.