Thread: How can I re-attach N900 USB to mainboard

How can I re-attach N900 USB to mainboard

Another time this silly Limited warranty from Nokia reared its hideous head. Because of the fact I was wedged in a country that Nokia determined wasn't worthy of the N900 up till now, in my annoyance I went and purchased one online. So with my phone at the Nokia Care Centre possibly not going to be accepted for a gratis repair, I wanted to know some things regarding the USB charging port snapping off later than the cable was pulled out 3 degrees too far to the left. From what I can observe, the snap is unsoiled, and has not damaged any nearby areas where it’s been sealed on. I have a few normal soldering experiences. My query is: Given the truth my N900 is turning on and functioning, is it possible for me to DIY solder the USB port back on to the mainboard, or will wrong fix eventually result in a blown up n900?

Re: How can I re-attach N900 USB to mainboard

If you wish to fix it yourself then unlock it and take a picture of the mainboard close up macro shot of the fraction of the board where the USB (detached) is and put it over here and I will tell you precisely the most excellent way to fix it OK. I necessitate seeing what is missing of the pads and the 5 data tracks. So as I say first you just take the pic of it and then attach it or post it over here, so I try to help you out, Because, this is the simpler way to solve your problem.

Here in your case I am must suggest you to Read a few guide on soldering surface-mount components, follow on a few other device first and it will be simple to repair it yourself (if there has been no spoil to the solder pads). Yes it is probable to make things not as good as if you screw up, but that is the jeopardy each DIY person has to be willing to take. So that’s it, this is what I want to share or I want to inform you. I wish you like this suggestion.

You’re going to require a well pointed soldering station if possible Weller a few flux and a few araldite paste and a well brass cleaning brush you utilize to clean brass copper with, and so on. It is in fact plenty simpler than it seems if you take the correct steps. By the way the data pads generally rip clean off. So now the time I am just have this much information. If you want more information just let me know.

Currently Nokia Chatswood has my phone. They took it from me, didn't ask for evidence of acquire or anything(this is later than I call to verify that was what I should do from the Care Line), did not provide me a job number and after that while I called to find out if it was accepted, 5 team leaders and 11 call centre workers and 5 days of 60 minute phone calls and I still don't know whether I am footing the bill, even though Nokia has essentially forced me to bring in a functioning phone later than their fiasco with my N97

Hope I don’t have this trouble (once more) previous month my USB broke but Nokia care centre could not fix it and so provided me novel n900. Each time I charge the phone I am currently additional cautious. This is definitely a design mistake and Nokia should just put back your phone below the limited warranty. Is the handset not covered for replacement? The warranty is sheltered for 2 years?

The same problem occured to me within 6 months. Nokia is driving away its customers. Atlease nokia can repair and charge the customers, if not replace. Now the phone is like a brick. Guys. Tell me if there is a way to fix this brick and make it function.

Just refer to the attached image and make some changes accordingly and do let me know if that was of use for you or not.