Thread: Nokia N8: SMS notification not working

Nokia N8: SMS notification not working

Well I am really frustrated with Nokia N8 which I am using currently and I have decided to discuss with you all so that you can help me out to figure out the situation and solution for the same. Whenever I receive any sms my phone does not vibrate at all. Hence I can find out a new message is received until and unless I see on the home screen of the phone. It really annoying and I am unable to figure out whether this issue is regarding with firmware or hardware of the phone. Anyone having any suggestion regarding this issue please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Nokia N8: SMS notification not working

Well looking at your situation I let you know that you should try to delete all the widgets from the phone which are concerned with the messaging. You should delete widgets from the phone and reboot your phone and try to install the widgets on your phone. I am hoping that it will help you out to fix this particular situation. Let me know whether it helps you or not. I will let you know if I come across with other solution.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned on your post. What I have done is reboot the phone to solve the problem in my case. I have pressed the power key of the phone for at least 10 seconds which caused my phone to reboot. Now I am not having any issue with sms notification in my Nokia N8. Well I think you should try the above mentioned suggestion to solve the matter. Wish you all the best.

Another think I can tell you is to do hard reset on your phone. I think it is very is to do. You have to simply press *#7370# from the key pad of your phone. Well it erases all the information which you have stored on your phone. Hence back should be taken before doing hard rest your phone. Once you have finished you can restore back up all the information to the phone memory. Well it is the simplest solution which I can give in this situation. I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the matter.

Well looking at your situation I think there is an issue with the firmware which you have installed on your phone. You must download latest firmware and install it on your phone. Backup should be taken before doing firmware installation. Once you have done you can restore back the information on the phone memory. I also want to let you know that if firmware up gradation fails to solve the issue then you should contact to nearest Nokia service center with regarding issue. It is the most reliable solution for your problem.