Thread: No text message alert tone in Nokia C7-00

No text message alert tone in Nokia C7-00

Currently I am getting a issue with my C7-00 mobile phone where no ringtone alert went off when I get a text message. The notice glow flickers like it ought to, however that's not much assist if the phone's inside my pocket. I have set the mp3 tracks as message tones, but didn’t work at all. My phone’s profile is always on General and I've been in the course of the personalization menu to no benefit. If you have any idea about this please let me know.

Re: No text message alert tone in Nokia C7-00

I think that it is due to the bug in the firmware which you are currently using. Have you got the latest firmware for your phone? If not then I urge you to get the latest one as soon as possible. If you cannot able o set the ringtones as message alert then go for alarm tones. These tones will locate in every nokia mobile as different folder. They are much short and sweet and I hope that they will obviously gonna work for you. What about the Mail and MMS messages? Do they getting alert tones while receiving?

Have tried the hard reset or factory reset on your phone? Do it once and they might be going to assist you. For factory settings you just need a phone’s security code and for hard reset I think there is some combination of letters or keywords. Otherwise clear up all messages including sent items and drafts from your phone. Reboot the phone and set a tone that specifically made for message tone. I hope this time you will hear slight sound.

What about the other Profiles? Have tried other profiles or any newly created profiles for this? If yes then I think that you need to get different format tones to set them as message alert tone. What about the vibration option? Does your phone vibrates when the message arrived to your C7-00? If yes, then there is no problem and you don’t need to worry about much. If No, then I will tell you that contact the nearest Nokia care point for help.

Generally there will not any problem in phone except the incompatibility in the firmware version. Usually there kinds of issues only related to the software not the phone’s hardware or else. If the light is blinking then the phone obviously recognizes the receiving message. So either it is regarding the false setup or else the firmware. Just go through each and every one type of settings. Get a tone from similar model of phone and see by setting that as message alert tone.