Thread: Nokia C7 cannot detect SIM card

Nokia C7 cannot detect SIM card

My Nokia C7 phone is having some problem to detect the SIM card. Whenever I insert the SIM into that then it shows me the message that shows me the message that says “Insert SIM card”. Though, the SIM is already inserted in it. I have tried to insert that many time but all the times it comes up with the same message. Now I am helpless and do not know that what should I do next to solve the problem. If you know any way by which this can be done then please let me know about that. I will be thankful for all the replies on this.

Re: Nokia C7 cannot detect SIM card

You should check that you are having the up to date SIM card. You can also make a contact with the service operator and ask them for the OTA. OTA stands for Over the Air Update if it is required. You can also check for some new software update with the help of NSU. These are few things that you can try out to check if the problem gets resolved or not. I hope that this will solve the issue for you. Please post back if that helps you.

As from your information, this seems that the SIM card that you are using is defected and so it is not getting recognized by your phone. It might be scratched. If that is the case then you can try to insert the SIM in some other phone and see if it also shows you the same problem. If the issue occurs there also then it will confirm that the SIM card is faulty. In that case you need to visit the service center and they will provide you the new SIM card with the same number. This will be the best fix for this issue.

It is normal problem that usually happens to all the phones. You can easily overcome from this issue. This issue occurred because the SIM card that you are using is covered with tiny sand particle and that is the cause that your mobile does not make out that SIM card. In such condition you should clean that SIM card with a soft cloth. Just take clean cloth and slickly take away dust from SIM card. Now attempt to put in into your mobile. I wish that this will solve the issue.

You try to do the above posted solution and see if that can help you or not. If they are able to solve the problem then it is fine and if that can not solve the issue then there is one more possibility that the firmware installed in your mobile may be corrupted and so you are getting such issues. You need to update the firmware for the phone to the latest version. There are many of the problems like this which get resolved after the latest firmware update. I hope that this will do the same for you.