Thread: How to store SMS messages in memory card on Nokia C6-01

How to store SMS messages in memory card on Nokia C6-01

Friends, I am having the Nokia c6-01. I mostly use the phone to send and receive the messages to and from my friends. I am having a lot of message in my inbox and I think that because of that the processing of my mobile becomes slow. All those messages are very important to me and I cannot delete them at all. So I need some way by which I can move the messages to the memory card so that it can free the space in my mobile. There was the option for this in my previous phone that was Nokia 6600 but I am not able to get the same in Nokia C6-01. If you know that how this can be dome then please let me know that.

Re: How to store SMS messages in memory card on Nokia C6-01

You are right that if your phone memory is about to full then it will slow down the speed of your phone. It would be better idea to move the messages to the memory card to free the space in phone memory. If you bought it new then you must have the manual for the phone. Take the help of the manual and open the message section of that. I am quite sure that it should be mentioned there that how can you move the messages to the memory card. This is the simplest and best way to get the answer for your question.

I would like to tell you that this option is not available to the S3 devices at the moment similar to the C6-01 and it is unidentified if it will be supplementary in the prospect. Therefore regrettably messages can just be stored in the phones memory. Providentially storing messages in the phone is a safer and added consistent technique. Also the C6-01 has plenty of space so that still with 1000's of messages extremely little of it is consumed. Messages be able to taken out to a computer if you do require the space and it is imprudent to maintain numerous 1000's of messages on some phone as it can sluggish the messaging software.

I am also having the same phone and searched for such option to move the messages to the memory card but cannot found any such option. Finally I have accepted the fact that it is simply not possible with this phone. There is one alternate way by which you will be able to do that. Connect your p[hone yo your computer in Nokia PC suit mode. You need to install the compatible PC suit for your phone in your computer and export all the messages to your computer. By this way you will be able to keep the messages and also can free the memory in use for your mobile. I hope that this will be satisfactory to you.

Thank you very much to all of you for your quick replies. Finally I do not find any direct way to do that. But I used PC suit to store my message in the PC so that I can have all the messages with me and also make the space free for the phone memory as it is suggested above. If anyone else is also searching for the same and not able to get the answer for that then you can also do the same. This is not the perfect answer that I needed but still satisfactory for me.