Thread: Questions about G3 and email with Nokia C3-00

Questions about G3 and email with Nokia C3-00

Hi all, I just purchased a new Nokia c3-00 phone and I have been attempting to configure the whole thing from yesterday but there are pair of stuff that I do not recognize how to resolve: First thing is the internet connection: How can I recognize that if I am making use of WiFi otherwise a 3Gconection? When I am in my country then I include the data plan, so it is free of charge for me to utilize 3G to navigate but I am concerned that when I am in abroad then phone will apply the 3G devoid of warning me and I acquire charged intended for it. Is there a method to keep away from 3G connections to internet, Make them on over again when I desire to? The second thing is that I have put it to always ask me what type of connection to exercise but for example, If I open Opera otherwise the Snaptu app then it doesn’t prompt me whether to exercise WiFi or else not, it connects to 3G and the similar goes for Nokia mail. I configured it through my mail accounts and it be supposed to just verify for mail when I request the device but from time to time, I can see that there is the "@" on the top and it was ongoing checking my mail devoid of any word of caution using the 3G. Is there a method to at any rate keep away from that the mail "runs" devoid of warning Or to stop it "for a while" exclusive of deleting the configuration? I am worried, can you please assist me?

Re: Questions about G3 and email with Nokia C3-00

OK, if you want to turn off the 3G and just wish to use the WiFi connection then you can do that easily. You just have to go to the settings > connectivity > select network. This is the first on the list and you just have to select the gsm mode only from the dual mode. If you do this then it will put your phone to the 3g reception. If you are into roaming then you can go to Mail->Settings and you will also find the option for that. I am not having the device in my hand but I am quite sure that this will help you.

I would like to tell you that GPRS data connection is indicated through a G icon. The G icon will be surrounded by the box if there is any transfer of the data. In a comparable way, for EDGE connections there is a E icon is put on view. When the WIFI AP is associated then a WIFI icon is shown by means of the real signal power and the phone cycles showing the WIFI AP BSSID as well as the GSM Operator name within the top right area. If you see these icons then you will be able to know easily that which type of the connection you are using at the type. I hope that this will help you understand this in any manner.

As far as from my information, I know that Nokia C3 is a 2G phone and not the 3G phone. Anyway if you are getting any of such icon then what you can do is to just turn off the phone and turn it on again and see if that can disconnect mail and GPRS and WiFi. I am not using the same phone but I am sure that doing this will resolve the problem for you.

I have read that by means of disabling within the Nokia email, the choice of "alert me when I have new mail", Your phone would not join. I have tried that and possibly it will function but perhaps that will just signify that I do not obtain the "@" caution but the phone will maintain with GPRS to verify mail. Just not advising me of fresh messages? How can I be confident the mail is not being verified mechanically? It did even though I had it place in "minimize costs" as well as "check manually".