Thread: How to install MeeGo IVI in usb

How to install MeeGo IVI in usb

Guys please help me by providing some very good and quick suggestion , I have fell in love with this new Meego operating environment and I would definitely want to have it installed on my computer for that I would want to get the copy of it on my usb from where I can boot into my system. But the problem that I am facing is that I have downloaded the ISO of the Meego operating environment from the internet but not the image. So the problem is that the instructions that have been provided on the website does not help me to put the IMG file of this operating environment on the USB, so guys can some one help me to provide a way through which I can be able to get these IMG file installed on my usb so that I can boot through the USB , to get the installation done on the computer system.

Re: How to install MeeGo IVI in usb

I think that you will have to get the original image of the Meego Operating Environment to boot it on the USB because the usb file system will not able to recognize the ISO file that you have downloaded from the internet. One of the things that you can try is that you can Rename the file or can even modify the command through the command line and see if it helps you in getting the file to stored of the usb. For this you will have to modify the virtualbox through the root directory so that you will be able to get the command line or file modified to install it in the usb, hope that it helps you in solving your problem.

Hey why don’t you directly install the Meego file directly from the CD, what yoy can do is that you can burn a CD by installing that ISO file in it. I think that it would be more better if you have got that file installed in the CD and then from there install it in your computer system as you normally do. This will make the installing more similar and you will be able to get the Meego installed on your computer in no time.

I have even tried by burning the CD with the Meego Iso file but then also I was not able to do it, the installation of the operating software was successful and I was able to get the thing installed on the CD with no problem at all. However when I tried to install the Meego software on the computer system through the CD by inserting the CD in the CD Rom and then running as we do while installing any other software, I was unable to do so. I was getting a continuous error while running the CD, of file format not supported . So guys can any one help me to know what is the problem and what should be done to get the Meego installed on the System.

I have got the solution for your problem that is I have got some idea so as to get the Meego installed on your usd drive. First of all you will have to format the usb drive with the FAT 32 file format, this will make the usb drive compatible with the Meego operating environment that you want to get it installed on the usb drive. Next you will have to sue the unetbootin software that will help you to make the a live-usb image of the Meego package that you have downloaded and then you will be able to get it installed on the usb drive very easily. I hope that you know the steps on how to make the use of the unetbootin software, if not then don’t worry you just read the steps and you will be able to get the transformation done easily. I hope that you will be able to get your problem solved in no time.