Thread: HTC Desire HD low on battery life and performance

HTC Desire HD low on battery life and performance

I am really sorry; if this topic is already covered but I really think that I have this unique issue and hence I have started a new thread. Actually the thing is that I have just purchased the HTC DESIRE HD and this is the first upgrade that I have done on the cell phone. Before this I was using only the phone from Apple. The last phone that I had used was iPhone 4. Now I really have the issue with the battery life that this cell phone has and in addition to this the performance that this cell phone has. I just want to know if it is said that it has the battery life of 4 hours only. I do not think that any cell phone should have this much battery backup. It should be really higher than this. In addition to this I have seen that the cell phone is freezing whenever an application is launched.

Re: HTC Desire HD low on battery life and performance

On the first note let me tell you that you have just switched from the iPhone environment to this HTC Android and hence you will really have to take some time to play with the applications and you will be required to take some more time to see how the applications work. So it will be really nice if you can just have some work around in addition to this. Regarding the battery issues I think that you will have to see if you are not making use of the Duplicate charger for charging the cell phone there. Let me know about the same as well. Hope that you will for sure have a check on the same.

If you ask for my opinion then you will be required to have the software of the cell phone updated. Just make the software that you have on your new HTC Desire HD so that you can come out of the performance issue that you are getting with the cell phone. You can get the update for the software on the cell phone via going to the Android Market. You can have the update directly visiting the Android market on your mobile phone. Just do this and then let me know if your issues that were with the cell phone got rectified. Let me know about the progress.

As you are new to the HTC Desire then I really think that it will be simply beneficial if you can make use of the Advanced Task Killer application so that you can get rid of the applications that are running on your cell phone. Actually the applications that are running on the cell phone on Android are not that easy to be terminated and hence you will be required to make use of the application above so that you can get the performance of the cell phone upgraded. I think that the applications are running in the background and that is really causing you the performance issue.

In order to get the HTC desire to come out of the issues that it is having at the moment it will be great if you can just have the RESET on the cell phone done. You will be required to press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time. Once you have done this then you will be required to keep them holding till you will see the three Android images on the screen. If you have seen the three Android images then you can just leave the Volume Down button. Now using the Volume Down button just select the Clear Storage option and press the Power button. In order to confirm the thing you will be required to press the Volume Up button. Hope that this will really help you with the performance on the cell phone.

For the issue with the battery let me tell you that you can go with the battery calibration. What you will be required to do is just fully charge the battery and then use it to the full extent. After this you will be required to repeat the procedure two to three times. Once you are done with this then you will be required to keep the battery out of the cell phone for 24 hours. After this you can insert the battery in the cell phone and then can go with the full charge. Hope that you will see some remarkable change in the life of the battery after this.