Thread: N900 unable to revert back to Maemo.

N900 unable to revert back to Maemo.

With the advent of the Meego operating environment I had installed the same operating environment on my Nokia N900 which was previously having the Maemo operating system. I have followed all the instruction that are necessary to load the Meego and was quite successful , but since the last few days I have got bored with the Meego operating environment and that is why I wanted to again revert back to the Maemo operating system . I again choose the same steps to install the Maemo but I found that I was not able to do it completely, I am getting this SU_VERIFY_COMMS_REQ timed out error when I try to load the Maemo on my N900, so can any one help me to know how will I be able to get the installation done successfully.

Re: N900 unable to revert back to Maemo.

Hey I would want to know that have you got the full OSS version that you are trying to install on your phone or is it that the OS is with closed nokia binaries. According to meif it is with the closed Nokia Binaries then will surely not be able to load the Maemo operating environment on your N900 and you will only get it done with the help of full version of the OS that you want to install on your Nokia N900. So if you are using the Nokia binaries file then I think you will have to give that up and go for the full version of the Maemo OS.

I think that some of the steps that are required to load the Maemo operating environment is a bit different as compared to the Meego operating environment. For installing the Maemo on the nokia N900, we are required to implement u-button trick a little bit differently as compared to what we have performed on the meego operating system. This tricks are very important because they help in flashing the device on which you are about to load the Meego or Maemo operating environment. Without this trick you wont be able to get the installation done completely. So first you must find the tricks.

Hey why don’t you try to use the bootloader to help making the Maemo install successfully on your Nokia N900. This software really helps us allot as it makes the operating system installation quick and even make us easier to get the installation done. Also, you can use one of the trick to load the Maemo, with the help of a Ukey , you will just have to press the U key while turning on power which would activate the USB mode for the flasher. So in this way you will be able to get the Maemo installed on your N900 easily and quickly.

Hey I have got the complete steps that are necessary to load the Maemo operating environment on your nokia N900.
    • First you will have to turn off the phone.
    • After this you will have to start the flasher on your laptop
    • You will have to turn it on while pushing the U key on the keypad.
    • After you have done the above steps successfully the flashing will go fine.
    • The next step is to Restart the phone.
    • If it hangs now just disconnect the usb cable and turn in and on again