Thread: Getting Error “insufficient memory” in Nokia N900

Getting Error “insufficient memory” in Nokia N900

I have Nokia N900 mobile phone I got enthralled throughout it presentation. I am getting the message that “insufficient memory in target location" as soon as I tried to install a 200kb application yesterday on my mobile. I have 1.5GB of memory remains within my memory card particularly I kept it for the installable applications, 26 GB in mass memory and 12 GB in memory card. I wonder what is happening within my cell phone I have no sign at all. So anyone knows why this type of stuff is happening then please respond me on this post.

Re: Getting Error “insufficient memory” in Nokia N900

I believe there may be a number of troubles in the root system file. For that reason the application which you are install is through the root user which is presently you. And how a great deal in roots, which is the mostly possible trouble for this post, is the memory? To discover the trouble why this is happening then you will need checking the code correctly and running it accordingly:
    Code:
    "df -h /" in X Terminal
    If you discover what is the reason for it then you will require to take away that process through application manager.

That all looks to quite usual I am scared – does not seem like there is more than a few big files where they should not be. It appears like you have currently installed too many non-optimized applications from extras-testing. All I am able to suggest at this phase is to put out of action all the repositories (to liberate up a number of space), then make use of Application manager to uninstall whichever big applications. You are able to make use of the scripts to discover which packages are taking up the majority room. It's then a situation for the corresponding package name to the application as well as uninstalling. You might also wish to interpret through a variety of additional threads on release up roots space, to make out whether there are any other thoughts there that may be relevant.

So in order to fix this you have to flash the rootfs on your Nokia N900 will start your cell phone again the mobile's Linux system back to factory setting, it entails that all extra applications will disappear which taking a huge memory space within the mobile, and a number of configuration particulars (e.g. LED patterns) are reset to the pioneering configuration, with the exception of the lock code; if you have before place a custom lock code, it will remain intact, in its place of reverting to the default "12345." Also, all statistics enclosed in /home (except /home/option) will remain at the back intact. This means the data placed in /home/usr1/MyDoc1 which is the area obvious in the default file manager (or when concerning to a PC), will stay unbroken. Your external memory (microSD), will also be unaltered.

And you also fix this issue by Flashing the eMMC as well as rootfs on your Nokia N900 will completely reset the device to factory settings, reverting the entire thing to factory settings, including /home in the middle of all (app-)prejudice, bookmarks, associates, connections, but once more, excluding the peripheral memory on micro-SD card and the lock code. (You have to flash rootfs as well, when flashing eMMC (for the grounds that of /opt removal). It is powerfully advised you frequently utilize the Backup application to make backups of your settings as well as statistics to a safe storage. You will desire to arrange the Backup function in such not at this time it stores the backups to your micro-SD card - on the other hand when generate physical backup of MyDocs as recommended, backups stored to default position "N900" will be incorporated and thus safe.