Thread: How To Install Skype on Netbook MeeGo

How To Install Skype on Netbook MeeGo

Guys I have brought this Netbook that is having the latest software version of the operating system installed called Meego on it. I have got since it was first released in the market since then I have been using this Netbook and thoroughly enjoying the features and the functionality that the Netbook provides to the users. I have got many other netbooks before this on but one thing that I can guarantee you is that I have never seen such kind of Netbook ever. Now the problem is that I would want to chat with my long distance friend which would be made accomplish by the Skype application, but the thing is that I ma not able to get the Skype installed on my Netbook, every time I try to install I am getting some error or I have been redirected to some other page and the installation process gets stopped, so can any one help to get this skype installed on my netbook.

Re: How To Install Skype on Netbook MeeGo

Hey dude this is not a usual Window based operating system where in you will be able to get the Skype application installed directly by issuing the install command. This is a linux based application and that is why you will have to get it installed using the code window installation. Also, first of all you will have to search for the skype application that will be able to run on the Linux operating system, using the normal windows based application will not run on the Linux operating system, because of the differences in operating system. So first download the skype application and then you will get the steps along with the software that are required to load and run the application smoothly on the Meego operating system.

You can use the Wine emulator that will help you to install the Windows based application that is the skype software on your linux operating system. The Wine application is a kind of software that helps in emulating the Windows based application to be able to run on the Linux platform. So if you are not able to get the Skype for your linux based operating system, then I think that you should make use of the Wine application and then download the Windows based Skype model and carry out the installation of the software just as normally you do with on the Windows operating system. I hope that you wil get it installed in this way.

Hey guys I know all that you have mentioned in your post I know that it is not possible to get the Windows based Skype installed on the Linux platform. I don’t want to use Wine as I have used in the past and I have found that thing very confusing. I would want to know that steps that are required to install the Skype on the Linux operating system, I have downloaded the Fedora 10+ version of Skype, but I don’t know how to get this thing installed, I have searched every where for the steps to get the installation of the software but there was no place wher I could get the complete steps to carry out the installation completely. So guys please provide with the necessary information that are needed to carry out the installation.