Thread: Meego running very slowly on N900

Meego running very slowly on N900

Hey guys yesterday I have got Meego installed on my Nokia N900 that I have purchased a few months ago, although the installation was successful but after the installation was complete I found that my N900 was running very slow. All the applications were taking allot of time to open and it was really irritating me. I would want to know that is this the problem of the software or is that N900 does not support the Meego operating system or is something else. Please can someone suggest me with a proper suggestion so as why this is happening and what can be done to solve this problem.

Re: Meego running very slowly on N900

Hey friend I would like to know where have you got the Meego installed , whether you have got it in your phone memory or on the Memory stick. Meego really requires allot of memory to get install and even more memory to run all the exe files. So if you have installed on the phone memory and since the phone memory is a bit less so you will face the problem of the slow processing of data. Also, if you have had got the installation of the Meego on the external Memory stick and if that has a less memory then also the phone will function slowly as it normally does. So you must remove some data from the external memory that will help you in making the phone run faster.

Hey usually N900 doesn’t have too much of memory too hold the Meego operating system which really requires allot of memory. Although Meego is supported by N900 since it is a Linux platform and so is Meego, but I think that the N900 is still not have been developed to handle such a high function capability software and you must have to wait for such a phone that will help you in making the Meego software run smoothly and can be able to run all the application on it. So guys wait for some time till the company will come up with a more powerful device than N900.

I have loaded the Meego software on external memory and I have checked the memory and it is surely maximum enough to handle the Meego software also I have deleted the unwanted data from the external memory so that the Meego gets enough space to run itself smoothly. Is there any other way so that I can make the Meego software to run smoothly on my N900. I am very curios to get this thing run on my N900 because I have to get access to all the latest real life software which only runs on the Meego operating system.

I think that the phone processor takes a long time to access the operating system from the external memory than it would have done directly from the phone memory. I think that once it is in the phone memory then you will be able to get the phone run faster then what you are currently getting. So make this change first and then see does it help in improving the processing speed of the application as well as the data. I hope that this will surely help you in increasing the speed of the phone access.