Thread: Closed vs Open application in Nokia's Meego handset

Closed vs Open application in Nokia's Meego handset

This is really very interesting discussion actually in relation to that is there a recognized list of what applications will be open, and what will be closed in the future Nokia's Meego handset, For surely this list can be compiled when the official release will be done. So what you think regarding this. So somebody is able to come up along with alternatives, for those who prefer utilizing open applications. So tell me soon regarding this. I will be thankful for this.

Re: Closed vs Open application in Nokia's Meego handset

I do not be expecting that we will acquaint with the response to this for a lot of months, when or shortly previous to Nokia release its first MeeGo-based handset. Also keep in mind that the "MeeGo-Harmattan"-based handset which will approach before their "pure" MeeGo-based handset is probable to be more alike to Maemo than to MeeGo. So this is what I know related to this I hope this will help you.

I am also thinking for the same issue and after reading this just to rephrase the question, what those default applications will be. For example I do not be anxious regarding the browser, since Fennec will be obtainable for Meego ultimately, but for example having a polite open source e-mail client might be more of a difficulty, or there is somewhat already obtainable? A related question can be how easy it would be to take away default closed applications devoid of hurting the system? It appears from that, on Maemo for example it's often not easy to do.

I would expect that not all Nokia applications on their MeeGo-supported devices are stopped up source, as that would be a step backwards from their Maemo-based devices where, for example, the email client is open source. Other than positively, qgil has recommended that a lot of the applications that will be utilized to differentiate their device from others, will be closed. Still, here, the importance is on the open-source platform and the open-source reference apps that are being shaped by this project.

I absolutely hope not all. But at least the system would be stretchy sufficient to securely uninstall somewhat like media player, if one does not make use of that specific one. Actually Nokia is so far show, that what they plan. The reference Meego programs are open source, so it might be likely to utilize them, in its place the closed ones, but maintenance the Nokia's UI theme, which will almost certainly seem nicer than the reference one.