Thread: How to use OpenOffice in Easy Debian on N900

How to use OpenOffice in Easy Debian on N900

I have newly bought N900. I have observed much information of N900 users using openoffice.org. Could anybody from your side will help me to download and install openoffice.org on my n900. I am new to this forum and I am wishing that you members will be nice and provide some helpful information. Since, I am not having enough knowledge about the Debian, it would be much grateful if you people provide some useful information about it.

Re: How to use OpenOffice in Easy Debian on N900

The smartphone Nokia N900 includes the operating system Maemo 5 developed by Nokia and based on Debian. However, it is possible to run the Debian distribution on the Nokia N900 simply by installing the Easy Debian package. This package allows use in a desktop environment LXDE, OpenOffice.org, Gimp, Iceweasel (the free version of Firefox) with Java and Flash support for printing. It also allows access to hundreds of applications that can be downloaded and installed. I am sure that you will enjoy this OS.

The application called Easy-deb-chroot, I have a memory that is extra-level. Once installed you should go to the icon image debian install and follow the wizard, ie download the image and allow it to decompress. Once you can open the image directly or open openoffice Debian LXDE and run it from there. Another possibility is to install gnumeric on Debian, which is lighter, but first verify that you have installed OK. I hope that I did some help for you.

First, I would like to appreciate that you members for replying me fast. Thanks for taking out your time. Also I want to ask that anybody have installed the easy-deb-chroot? When it is installed you need to run Image In Debian, this is an image of internet download about 300 Mb and you install everything, it takes a while to download and unpack everything, they do not cut it does not end when finished restart your phone and run Debian LXDE or OpenOffice icon that will appear on the desktop. Now everything is working properly (till now ). I hope that many user of N900 over here will get some help.

easy-deb-chroot is an application that allows you to easily install a Linux system (Debian Lenny) on your n900 MORE OF BRAKING SYSTEM existing. Debian is installed in chroot, which means it runs in its own directory and does not therefore alter the Maemo BRAKING SYSTEM, and you can start like any other application. You can also launch applications directly installed Debian and they will run on your system as Maemo applications with their own windows. easy-deb-chroot, available in Extras-Devel offers an automated installer, for a 1.5 GB image will be downloaded image that contains the Debian system.