Thread: Transfer files from sdcard to new sdcard

Transfer files from sdcard to new sdcard

Hi all, I have bought a 4 GB memory card as I was having only 2 GB memory card in 8 GB memory supported phone from Nokia. It is Nokia 2690. There are a lot of files in my old memory card that I need to transfer to my new card. I don’t want to miss those files. Can you tell me the easiest way to transfer all the files from my old card to my new card? It is the memory card from SanDisk. I am sure that I will get the best way to do that soon. Thank you.

Re: Transfer files from sdcard to new sdcard

Its very easy to do that. Do you have data cable for your phone? If not then get one from the hardware shop and connect your mobile to the computer with the help of that cable. Select mass storage from your mobile. Keep old card in the phone. Open the card from computer and transfer all the files to computer and format the old drive if you don’t want to keep those files in your card. Now disconnect the phone from the computer and again insert the new card into it. Connect it with computer in the same way as earlier. Transfer the saved files to your card. This will take least time than any other way to do that.

If you do not have the computer or cannot get the data cable then you can send those files via Bluetooth. Insert your new card to any other Bluetooth supported phone and send files from old card to new card via Bluetooth. This will take some time but will be done surely. It will first save the files to the mobile memory and once that is full ten it will save that to memory card. So after completion of the transfer move the files from the phone memory to SD card and you can use your new card now.

Bluetooth can be one of the possible ways to do that but I would like to tell you that it will take long time to do that. As you are having 2 GB card and if the card is totally free then it will take hours to do that. So you can do this with the help of Bluetooth only when there is no chance to transfer that by computer. This will also void the chances to transfer via Bluetooth. In short transferring from computer will be the best option for you.