Thread: Nokia N900 continuously tells not sufficient memory in target place

Nokia N900 continuously tells not sufficient memory in target place

I have Nokia N900 cell phone I got fascinated through it performance. I m receiving the message that "not enough memory in target location" as soon as i attempted to install a 200kb application this yesterday on my mobile. I still have 1.5 gb of memory remains inside my memory card specially kept for the installable applications, 26gb in mass memory and 12gb in memory card. i wonder what is happening inside my cell phone I have no clue at all? So anyone know why this kind of stuff is happening then please reply me on this post.

Re: Nokia N900 continuously tells not sufficient memory in target place

I think there may be some problem in the root system file. Because the application which you are install is form the root user presently now you. And how a great deal in rootfs, which is the mainly likely problem for this post, is the memory? To find out the problem why this is happening then you will require checking the code properly and running it accordingly:
    "df -h /" in X Terminal
    If you find what is the cause for it then you will need to remove that process through application manager.

That all appears to quite normal I'm frightened - doesn't look like there's several big files where they shouldn't be. It looks like you've presently installed too many non-optimized apps from extras-testing as well as from the extras-devel. All I can propose at this phase is to disable all the repositories (to liberate up some space), then use App manager to uninstall whichever big apps. You can utilize the scripts to find which packages are taking up the majority space. It's then a situation for the corresponding package name to the application as well as uninstalling. You might also desire to read through a variety of other threads on release up rootfs space, to make out whether there are any other thoughts there that may apply.

Flashing the rootfs on your Nokia N900 will restart the mobile's linux system back to factory settings, it implies that all additional applications will vanish which taking a lot of memory space inside the mobile, and some configuration particulars (e.g. LED patterns) are reset to the innovative configuration, with the exemption of the lock code; if you have previously place a custom lock code, it will stay intact, in its place of reverting to the default "12345." Also, all statistics enclosed in /home (except /home/option) will stay behind intact. This means the information placed in /home/usr1/MyDoc1 which is the area noticeable in the default file manager (or when concerning to a PC), will stay intact. Your exterior memory (microSD), will also be unaltered.

Flashing the eMMC as well as rootfs on your Nokia N900 will totally reset the device to factory settings, reverting the whole thing to factory settings, counting /home among all (app-)partiality, bookmarks, associates, connections, but again, excluding the peripheral memory on micro-SD card and the lock code. (You have to flash rootfs as well, when flashing eMMC (for the grounds that of /opt removal). It is powerfully advised you frequently utilize the Backup application to make backups of your settings as well as statistics to a safe storage. You will desire to arrange the Backup function in such not at this time it stores the backups to your micro-SD card - on the other hand when generate physical backup of MyDocs as recommended, backups stored to default position "N900" will be incorporated and thus safe.