Thread: Keyboard not working after installing easy-debian

Keyboard not working after installing easy-debian

Hey friends I have got a Nokia N801 on which I have I had recently installed Debian with easy-debian lxde although the installation was complete and I got no error while installing. But when I tried to run a file through roxterm is was unable to do so and it was giving me an error saying that the permission has been denied. One of my friend suggested to type the "su" but it asked me for the password. When I tried typing the password nothing is coming onto the text box and due to which I think that is certainly some problem with the keyboard of the mobile. I have even tried using the keyboard to erit text messages but then also I was not able to do so. So can any one help me know why this problem has occurred and what should be done to overcome this.

Re: Keyboard not working after installing easy-debian

Hey friend have you tried entering the alphabets using the virtual keyboard that you have been provided on the phones options menu. If not then I think that you should certainly try it and check for your self whether you are able to get the characters on the textbox. If you get then its really good for you but if you don’t get then I think that your mobile phones keyboard might got damaged and you will have to give it to the shop for it to get repaired.

Hey I guess that you will have to remove the Easy Debain and again install it because according to me that will only be the problem of your keyboard not working properly. This is a usual problem where in after the installation of the Easy Dabain we all face are not able to access the root directory. And yes there is no point downloading the file again ,you simply need to uninstall it through the application manager and then again install it. Try the installation until you are not able to get the keyboard working again.

Guys thanks for the instant reply but still I am unable to solve the problem. I have used the virtual keyboard and there is no character being displayed on the screen after I press any key. Also, I have removed the current Easy Debain and reinstalled it many time but the problem seems to be exists and not solving. Also, I have downloaded the new Easy-Debain software and I found that even that is not solving the problem. I am really frustrated as I am not able to perform the work through my mobile.