Thread: Voice to Text / Talk to Text is not working on htc EVO

Voice to Text / Talk to Text is not working on htc EVO

Hi all, I am using the HTC EVO which is having the talk to text facility. But mlky problem is that the talk to text function is not working in my phone. Whenever I try to use that then it just shows me the message that says : " There is a problem with the network connection ". Many of the times when I use the application then it shows me the message that says " connection problem ". This is happening to me from last one week. This is a brand nes phone and then also it is showing me the issues like this. Can you please tell me that what can be the possible reason for this and how can it be solved?

Re: Voice to Text / Talk to Text is not working on htc EVO

The message which you are getting is enough to understand the problem. It is showing that connection problem then I am sure that there is some problem with the connection and because of that it is showing you the issues like this. You should make sure that you have turned on the WiFi. Other than this, you will also have to check that there should be proper connection of 3G network for your phone. If that is having lost connection then also it can create such issues. So check for these things first. These are the basic things for such issues that you need to check for.

There are many speech text app which are available on web. You need to search for them and download that. Install that into your phone. But before downloading that, you should check that it should be compatible to your phone. If that is not compatible with the phone then that will not work with the phone. So use Google and get one for yourself and I am sure that this will get it very easily. Thank you.

There may be some problem with the settings of the phone that you are using. If you don’t know that what is the problem with that then you can reset your phone to the factory settings. Go to the settings and you will see the option to reset the phone. For more information about this, you can see the manual for this and you will get the exact way to do that.

The app that you are using may be corrupted and so that is showing the problem with that app. If possible then you can install that software again and see if that solves the issue for you or not. If it is due to bad connection of the 3G network then you can talk to the service provider and ask them about the issue. They will give you the exact reason that is causing the problem and also the way by which the issue can be resolved. So before doing anything else, you need to talk to the customer service and see what they can do for you.

As you told that you bought it new, so I am sure that this is under warranty. If that is the case then you need not to try anything else from your side. Directly go to the dealer from where you bought the phone and ask them for the issue. See whether they can help you or not. If they cannot help you much then you can take this directly to the manufacturer and they will definitely sole the problem that you are facing.

cool Re: Voice to Text / Talk to Text is not working on htc EVO

This was my solution:

Go to >Settings
    >Wireless and Networks

Mobile Network OFF-
    Result: Press the MIC button and it says: No network connection
    Mobile Network ON-
    Result: Press the MIC and it says: Speak now !

Other settings don't seem to effect it.
    (4G, bluetooth, wi-fi can all be OFF, if you like)