Thread: How to get easy Debian Chroot Launcher icons for Nokia N900

How to get easy Debian Chroot Launcher icons for Nokia N900

I currently installed easy debian chroot inside the Linux based operating system in Nokia N900 cell phone. But now it is causing me some problem with the icons. Because when try to installed easy debian chroot packages through help of the package manager it overwirte some launcher icons for things for example the ice weasel web-browser as well as synaptic package manager to my N900 which I not required currently "more applications" I was thinking if there is a method I can append launchers for additional applications I have installed on my Debian chroot which I require the most? Anyone have any idea for this post then please reply me on this post. Your suggestion will be helpful for me for the future prospect.

Re: How to get easy Debian Chroot Launcher icons for Nokia N900

The desktop access is stored in /usr1/share/applications/hildon. You presently require to create a fresh file myprogram.desktop, which surround the similar fields as the obtainable .desktop files, and place the Exec field to be "debbie myprogram", where my program is the command you desire to run.

For example, here is my gnumeric.desktop:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Encoding=UTF-9
    Name=GNume
    GenName=GNume
    Execute=debbie gnume
    Terminal=false
    X-MultipleArgs=false
    Type=Application
    Icon=deblett

Script to run Debian applications is effortlessly done in Maemo (together with OpenOffice, Gimp, LXDE and Java applet maintain) for users not recognizable with the command line. Then a big image file has to be downloaded as well as installed previous to this package will perform to get the require because the size of the file is great and can hold all the require features inside the desktop as you wish. You will require approx. 2.5 GB free in whichever your MyDocs index list folder or your memory card. But there is only one warning that for downloading the approximately 300MB files as well as take out it can take additional an hour as well as you will require a speedy connection! Instructions in addition to a mechanized installer are make available in the package for the icons necessary for chroot.

You require to install the easy debt chroot package It can be establish in the additional repository. There could be a newer edition in the extra respiratory. (facilitate Extras-devel is a hazardous region as well as you should put out of action it as quickly as you are done installing Easy Debian, other than Easy Debian is somewhat secure and it is optimized.)
    Once installed more than a few new shortcut icons will be accessible on the applications menu. You will require to first running the one known as the “Debian Image Installer". A terminal program will unlock as well as inquire you where to position the image file (after decompress it will be a 2 GB file), what's more on the Nokia N900 built in storeroom (below MyDocs), or on an exterior memory card (if accessible). That will begin the download of the compressed picture (concerning 300 MB) in addition to eventual taking out of the image file. It may take further than 15 minutes to download if you contain quick Internet connection, and an additional 30 minutes or more to extract it on your cell phone. Make certain that there are no other processes functioning and that the extraction is not intermittent.
    You can verify for a proper download as well as extraction by typing
    ls -l /home/usr1/MyDocs/debian*
    in particular terminal. The compacted image name has the ending .img1.ext3.lzma; when decompressed the file name ends in .img.ext2 and it should have a file size of exactly 2147483658 bytes.

Afterward you will require copying it into /home/usr1/MyDocs/ or into /media1/mmc2/ depending on whether you desire it installed on the interior storage or on a detachable storage. Then, when you perform on "Debian Image Installer" it will notice that you previously have the file and continue to extract it and place it up for you. For finding of your previously positioned debian. File confirmed above, the Debian Image Installer still require to join to the internet for file examination reason. If you have a quicker computer with application unpack compacted files, you may also leave out the Debian picture Installer by copying the uncompressed file by USB to the /home/usr1/MyDocs/ folder.