Thread: DropN900 DropBox client for Nokia N900

DropN900 DropBox client for Nokia N900

I have recently bought a new mobile phone which is Nokia N900 and I want to install some best sharing client on this mobile phone by using which I can share my files easily and securely from my mobile phone. I have been suggested for the DropN900. I am not so familiar with this software as well as with the Linus operating system so can you guys tell me that how this client works?

Re: DropN900 DropBox client for Nokia N900

Since I own the Services (Online backup, file sync and sharing) the DropBox not use, I hereby give this information as not even tried on: DropN900 is a Python-based Dropbox client that runs on the N900 and the in the program catalog 'Extras Devel' is. As the first user to report to the client work in practice. This program would be running on Maemo 5 as Nokia N900 currently runs the same operating system.

Dropbox seems to me that this day be the ultimate solution for sharing files. I've tested this software on the N900, an LG and Android on my PC. Obviously the PC version is the one that offers the most features. The Android version has a very nice interface but I do not go into here, this is not the issue. As a maemo version DropN900 there is still quite some way to go:
    • Absolutely not userfriendly interface
    • No access to the memory card to upload or download!
    • Apeecu images too small
    • Inability to share directories

Drop box is also available for free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A data volume of up to 2GB for free, if you like, but can also buy space. A free registration is however essential. After installing Dropn900 you can decid this app on my N900 using permanently, and I always will consider the case to case, of course which of my data, I entrust to the drop box. You can exchange if required quickly once large files with friends, which of course requires knowledge of the correct e-mail address and password correctly. The password can be changed any time after that would be. Or for the exchange of certain files between my PCs Dropn900 would offer a good way.

Here I have provided some positive points about the DropN900 DropBox client due to which I like this software so much! These are the basic needs that every mobile software must accomplish.

• Easy installation (provided you install the package PyQt4 Full Install)
    • Correct integration at the interface of the N900 (apart bp card access memory)
    • Access and quick navigation in directories
    • Perfect sync with the space Dropbox

For an application in Extradevel these points are far from negligible and bode very good things once more successful App.

Installation works with me, but the program still not free of friction sparks, some folders can not fold out or is it not simply be content time. In addition, all just a client of a drop box displays its data are not stored on the N900 and synchronized, thus provides no real added value (offline availability) against the Dropboxwebsite is just something comfortable.