Thread: Easy Debian screen not full screen in Nokia N900 after upgrading to 1.3

Easy Debian screen not full screen in Nokia N900 after upgrading to PR 1.3

I purchased Nokia N900 cell phone which have PR 1.2 software but after upgrading my N900 to PR1.3 (OTA) worked well. But currently easy debian desktop covers merely 3/4 of the screen. All my function of the windows are bigger than the desktop in addition to that I have to drag them back and forth. I tried to modify Preferences/ Desktop Settings as well as Monitor Settings (is on 800 x 480) inside nuti cannot find established any success. so I try to reinstall with new download of easy debian chroot 0.9.48 as well as image did not help to get the full screen. So please help me out through your thought help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by horuy; 17-01-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Re: Easy Debian screen not full screen in Nokia N900 after upgrading to 1.3

This is quite strange thing I m currently hearing from your side. I also have Noka n900 where I upgraded the PR 1.2 to 1.3 in last months and it is working well and also my Easy Debian edition is fine and moderately working inside my cell phone so don’t find any problem with that. Mine is in fact on a separation of my SD card, although as well as not on the stock Debian image make available. Are you running from the image properly on cell phone? If so, is it on the interior memory or a memory card? So check it there it may help you out.

I couldn't discover any concise how as well as ended up using bits from a group of different sources on the web. The major reason I required to shift to a partition on the memory card was to obtain more space for applications, etc. I now have it on an 8GB division of a 16GB and there is abundance of room to grow. I should put jointly the steps of how I did it, but it take a extensive time - receiving the data from the image to the separation took everlastingly using the method I did. I am convinced there is a better way to do it. I won't be capable to go back during my sources as well as put something together until subsequent week. Does anybody else have steps to place Easy Debian on an SD partition?

This package, when installed on your Nokia N900, will provide you OpenOffice.org, Gimp, the LXDE Desktop atmosphere, Evince, Mozilla(known as Iceweasel in Debian) through Java as well as Flash support, printing maintain, and contact to thousands of precompiled functions from Debian can be easily browsed as well as downloaded to your hand-held tool. Lots of these applications will be installed in a picture folder contain the Debian operation technique with no interfere with Maemo, but taking benefit of its infrastructure and connectivity. It is necessary to update to the update and the firmware for the Nokia N900 in order to get the proper screen resolution for the Easy Debian.

This is because you need to install the recent version of the Easy Debian image file in order to get the proper resolution. The newer simple Debian images (m5-v4b and later) have a fresh LXDE adaptation.
    If you upgrade Easy Debian as well as your LXDE top menu fade away, you be able to do one of two things:
    • Install the most recent edition (m5-v4e): shut Easy Debian (utilizes the icon with the red arrow as well as box), remove the older image (exercise the File Manager to perform this), and then use the "Deb Image Install" icon to download as well as take out the new image.
    • Stay your old image, as well as attach the top menu physically. begin LXDE. Tap and hold on a blank region of the left-side block select "generate New Panel". select "Top" as well as "OK". Tap as well as hold on new top panel. In the common tab, place the following things: arrangement Left, Width: 28, Height: 34, Properties: Uncheck "Reserve room..." In the board Applets tab, adjoin "Menu", "Digital Clock", "scheme Tray" (check "Stretch" feature), "Net position monitor" (utilize edit button as well as change eth0 to wlan0, then tap on icon as well as place to wlan0 there too), along with "CPU Usage Monitor".
    If following upgrade some menu admission (e.g. Gimp) are absent, you can physically install them from the Debian chroot terminal by
    xdgt-desktop-menu install --novendor /usr1/share/applications/gimp.desktop
    In order to contain the document watcher demonstrate show up in the LXDE menu, you would have to first locate "NoDisplay=false" in /usr1/share/applications/evince.desktop and then run xdgt-desktop-menu comparable to beyond.