Thread: How to Overclock the N900

How to Overclock the N900

Hello friends, I have got this Nokia N900 for quite some time now and it is working fine and I haven't got any problem using this mobile till now. All I would want to know from all the users who would like to increase the performance of their mobile phone just as we do on our computer system with the help of overclocking. I don't know whether this thing is possible or not but if it is than someone who knows how exactly to get the mobile phone overclocked feel free to write on the post. I am eagerly waiting for the answer hope nobody disappoints me.

Re: How to Overclock the N900

Well friend it is really an amazing taught to overclock the mobile phones, but as far as I know I don't think that this kind of thing will be possible. The performance of the mobile is decided in advance by the manufacturer and only he will be able to change the performance so as to either increase or decrease whatever that he wants. Also, I think that manufacture of the mobile phones will certainly not think about implementing this idea because it will lower the sale of the mobile phones from the market because now every one will stick to only one mobile phone because of the functionality of performance modification will be directly in the hands of the users.

I think that there would be some kind of problem even if we try to overclock the mobile phones. In general computer system when we try to overclock the processor to improve the performance, the processor now fetches more power than it does before the system was not overclocked. The increase in performance will also require more power which is provide all the time because the computer doesn't work without electricity. As far as mobile phone is concerned I think that the mobiles will not be able to withstand that much amount of power that is needed to overclock it in order to improve the performance. So its better not to overclock the mobile phones and stick to what ever we are getting.

I don’t have much knowledge about the internal processing but I think that we will be able to overclock the N900 mobile phone because it is designed to operate in fairly high ambient temperatures. This device will work both in hot and cold climates, so I think that if manufactures can adjust some variables regarding the temperature content of the mobile I think that we will be able to overclock the device easily. I think that 725MHZ can be easily obtained and the device will be able to withstand at this temperature running at 100% for long periods with no problems for this you must be sure that you clock just the CPU and leave other bus speeds at requirement.

Hello friends as soon as I saw this query I did research on this mobile phone to clear all our doubt and guess what I have found, this N900 will surely be able to operate smoothly at 800mhz as it would be idle with very few cycles running most of the time. So now go ahead users feel free to overclock without an worry of getting your device damaged in any way.