Thread: Will Android 2.2 Froyo affect the warranty of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

Will Android 2.2 Froyo affect the warranty of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

I have the cell phone with me and it is Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and I think that you must have got this from the title itself. I have dually booted the Android 2.2 Froyo and the current update Android 2.1 here for the cell phone. Now the thing that I want to ask here is that I have the 2.2 Froyo but it is just completed to 90 percent i.e. it is not fully developed. So if I will continue to use it then is there will I have the warrant with me? I meant to ask will the warranty hold for me. With the Android 2.1 I have seen some of the issue and would like to know how I can get rid of the same. I have seen some of the issue with the display of the screen. How can I get it rectified? Please come up with the suggestions at the earliest.

Re: Will Android 2.2 Froyo affect the warranty of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

Well if you are having the cell phone and you have made the dual boot then really I do not think that you will really loose the warranty that you had asked for. Please make sure that you must have done the installation of the OS on the memory card. Please make sure that it is always installed on the secondary drive. Like it should be placed in the memory card. By doing the things in this manner you will not at all have any trouble with the cell phone or the warranty.

It seems that you are using Android 2.2 Froyo one that is developed by the XDA. It seems to me that it will be great if they can come up with the suggestion themselves. It will be really handy if they can come with the custom ROM. This ROM should be able to run Froyo 2.2 that is there on the Memory Card and if the things really go in this manner then let me tell you that you will have the things going in the simple manner.

Well the suggestions that my colleagues have made above is the same that I would like to suggest here as well. IN addition to the issues that you all are having with the cell phone with the Android 2.1. If that is the case then it will be better if you can have the cell phone reset for once and see that can reset back the cell phone to the default behavior. Do this and see if all the other issues that you are having with the cell phone gets rectified.

Go for making the updates again for the Android 2.1 and see if this can really help you with the issue that you are stuck with. Go to the Sony Ericsson website and then go to the Update Service section. There you will be required to click on the Download link and then you can have this Update Service installed for you. You can install it by making a double click on the installation file. After you are done with the installation then connect the cell phone with the system and then run this Update Service. After this you will just be required to follow the instructions that comes to your screen. Then wait for some time and then restart the cell phone after the completion of the update. Hope that this will really help you.

Well if you want to get the issues solved then I think that the above two methods are the one that you will have to follow. Regarding the warranty let m e clearly say that you will be required to keep all this stuffs away from the main memory of the cell phone. You can have the installation on the SD Memory Card and then you can go with all the weird things. By doing the things in this behavior you will never ever lose your warranty.