Thread: Predictive Text not working properly in sony xperia x10

Predictive Text not working properly in sony xperia x10

I have a problem with the predictive text that I use it while typing the message in my sony xperia x10. Well the problem is that whenever I type some initial letters the particular word then it shows some different words. Let me give you an example when I type no it gets typed Norton, when I type to it gets typed ‘tom’. So I am trouble facing write in this format. I have also tried empting the user dictionary but that also did not help me. I can turn this option off since I have the habit of writing in such format. So can you give me some solutions so that I can solve it accordingly.

Re: Predictive Text not working properly in sony xperia x10

Well my advice would be to go with the HTC_IME keyboard from Jonasl. I think this is a much better solution and you can definitely go with it. Well it supports all the features that you were looking for. It has got a very simple user dictionary. That will make your typing process very simple. So you can definitely go with the process. The installation information for this product can be found in various websites you can search and install it accordingly. So hope this product helps you in solving your issue.

Well the words that you are looking for can be found in the dictionary. So whatever words you want you can go and place it there accordingly. So that you don’t have to look for the different words.in order to enable such feature you will have to follow this steps
    1) First go to the settings and then go to the language and keyboard.
    2) Select the default input settings.
    3) From that go to the dictionary and select my words.
    4) So go and add the words accordingly. Depending upon the usage of the words they will go down or stay up in the list.
    So hope this solution has helped you.

Well I tried with this particular solution but unfortunately it did not help me much. I tried with the above steps and it displayed that I don’t have words In the dictionary. I added some of them still I have to type all of them again and it is giving a big problem to me. Well I have not tried with the htc keyboard that you have mentioned. So I am waiting to use it as soon as possible. I will get back to you once I get a proper output with the particular keyboard. Till then if you have any other solutions then you can post it here.

Well these are some type of bugs in the android 2.1 and it will tend to give you such type of problems. Well even I had the same problem and ultimately I had to change the keyboard and replace it with the other android keyboard and luckily it is working much better than the earlier one that I had. So your solution would also be to replace your keyboard with some other keyboard. However the htc option seems to be quite interesting for me. Since I went through its website and it definitely sounds good to me. However do let me know if that keyboard has helped you or not.